2006-05-23 18:36:56

Hi All. I hate being a grouse, but is anyone else having trouble with Bavisoft????
I purchased Chillinghan over the net on the 21/04/06 and I am still waiting. They are swift enough to take your money and  I have had NO reponse from 4 emails, not good enough. Does anyone know who else sells Chillingham???.
If this is the way they treat customers, it's a wonder they do Any business
Regards to all Randall

2006-05-23 19:11:09

you need to wait. if you dont wait, they will not give you the game at all.
paciens is a skill ***everyone*** should have, no matter what. the games will take a while if they are on cd.

2006-05-24 07:50:18

well yes ordering on cd might take quite long, but first you should check if on bavisoft's website, they say when your copy will approximately arive. well i dunno, i don't know if they say that on their site at all. but that's what you can do at least.

2006-05-24 08:51:07

well, i ordered chillingham last year, it took up to 4 weeks for me.it is a long way to travel, and no-one else sells chillingham.
each companies games are there own.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-05-24 10:51:48

They say on the site ten working days, or more (though they don't say how much more), for international orders. i ordered both Bavisoft games somewhere around the 20th of march, and they arrived on about the 15th of April, no trouble. Sadly, niether game took me all that long to finish, and whoever wrote the ending to Chillingham needs shooting, but they're stil good games, well worth the money and the wait, I just wish they'd get on and complete Chillingham 2, but I think that really! will be a long wait.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-24 13:47:52

well indeed unless bavisoft says it's halted your wish would become true one day.

2006-05-24 20:59:54

I think that had Chillingham 2 been shelved, the news would have been on the web site. seeing as 'tis not, the game is still in progress. I hate to say this, but if Chillingham 1 was any indication, I have a feeling we have a couple more years to wait.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-05-24 21:22:45

Judging by the release dates of Grizly and Chillingham, I'd say your right ----- much as it irritates me to say so.

The reason chillingham irritated me is that, in several hours of puzles ---- admittedly non of which were too hiddious, how much actual plot progression was there? How much did you actually find out about what's going on in Chillingham?

answer, with the exception of about 30 seconds and a vague name drop at the ending, nothing at all.

I can understand that they were thinking in terms of making a game series, but the least they could do is give us a litle information.

I appologise if this is a litle too wranty, but after all the wonderful acting, the clever puzles, and the great ambience of the game I was expecting more than what I got.

Btw, I hope this is vague enough so that I haven't spoiled anything for anybody.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)