2006-05-23 01:00:44 (edited by damien sadler 2006-05-23 01:02:37)

no updates for a long time? we are currently working on an accessible version of the popular handheld game, bop it extreme. this is currently in the final stages of development, so i will be looking for willing beta testers. a few people are already on the list. when the game is ready to be tested, i'll let you all know.

regards,

damien sadler

x-sight interactive
p.s.: yes i have a new name and i had to register again because i foolishly lost my previous information.

2006-05-23 04:23:32

hi damien sadler,
can I be a beta tester please?
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-05-23 09:05:46

yes dd, you're welcome to beta test it. the more we have the better. i'll need to know your actual name though so i can put you in the credits.

regards,

damien.

2006-05-23 17:18:31

and i will be ready for the docs! right in! this is gonna be very, very intersting and fun. and quite easy. considering i have a billion different bop-it games!
bop it (keyring)
bop it extreme v 1 and 2, rocket.... there are too many to list

2006-05-23 18:28:24

nice that you're creating a bopit game, i can't play winbop because as far as i know it only runs on windows 95/98.

2006-05-23 21:38:47

Hi.
I have the bopit game from Jim Kitchen and I am running Windows XP and it still works.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-05-24 00:31:04

hi damien,
my real name is Ryan Chou

2006-05-24 12:28:23

ok thanks. yes i have the winbop too and it works for me. just a few bugs to fix and finish off the rest of the coding then it's ready. more news will be posted as it becomes available.

regards,

damien.

2006-05-25 00:05:35

bop it extreme has encountered quite a large error which shouldn't take such a long time to deal with; the game won't start with an ini file. however, this problem is being worked on and it should be ready soon.
another minor issue which has been brought to my attention is the fact that the software version doesn't speed up. this will still be the case in the release, as i haven't recorded every speed of the rhythms.
i have also been given the idea to put online capabilities in this software so that people wanting to play pass it mode have the option of playing online. this will not be implemented until at least v2.0.

the beta list is still open, so if any want to beta test then i'm still taking in entries.

regards,

damien.

2006-05-25 02:04:08

hello damien,
am I on yet?
if so, send me the things I need to know by e-mail
[email protected]
dd

2006-05-25 09:33:56

yes you are on the beta list, like i said just finishing up the code and then you'll have it.

2006-05-25 11:08:26

hello,

what is the website for x-site interactive?

2006-05-25 16:19:47

http://x-sightinteractive.bpcprograms.com

2006-05-26 00:55:31

what about ace fire?

2006-05-26 19:20:59

what do you want to know about acefire. it's on that site. anyway, just to let you guys know the code is now finished, and the game is ready to be tested. the time is up for beta testing.
thanks to those of you who put your name down to beta test. all i'm worried about is being able to send you the program, as the email system cannot take large attachments - the program is around 8.9mb. if you have skype, add me as damien_the_demon. otherwise please suggest how i can send it to you.

regards,

damien

2006-05-26 20:18:28

hello,

is it possible to send the files through msn?
could i please have your msn address?

2006-05-26 20:30:34

chaman, my msn is [email protected], which is also my preferred email address. you may add me. however, i cannot send through msn because of this stupid security thing, don't know whether it's a firewall problem or not.

2006-05-26 21:24:29

hi damien,
how do I get the game?
tell me by e-mail
that is again [email protected]
dd

2006-05-26 22:34:19 (edited by dark empathy 2006-05-27 14:46:51)

Hmmm, a boppit game? cool.

My I have a running game going with my mum, whereby she buys me bopit versions in an attempt to get rid of me while I play them, and I in turn complete them in as short a time as possible, the last one she bought was the boppit advanced for christmass, and by new year's day I was on over 700.

Anyway, good luck with the game, I hope it works out okay.

Btw, I also tried to download win bop, using windows Xp, but couldn't get it to work iether.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-27 12:52:49

well bop it extreme is being beta tested. it's not too late for the rest of the beta testers to come in ... currently on v1.02b at the moment. again, if there's any other way than email i'd be glad to send it to you guys.

thanks,

damien.

2006-05-27 14:57:51

Oooopse! too many zeros there, that's seven hundred not seventy thousand!

Anyway, if your stil in need of testers, I'd be interested. As reguards getting it to me, a friend of mine told me about a thing called Yousendit, which allows you to send large files by E-mail ----- I believe they do some fancy stuff with their server. I haven't investigated myself, but I believe the address was www.yousendit.com.

Also, another friend of minine is an ameter musician, and frequently sends large Mp3 files to people over the net. According to him there are free services that will temporarily host large files (they get their money through adds), I can try and get more details from my friend if it'd be helfpull.

Btw, At the moment I'm having severe trouble downloading any files larger than 5000 K owing to trouble with the university network, but hopefully this'll be fixed soon enough for me to be of some use as a beta tester.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-27 15:15:47

yes. i did used to use yousendit until it broke on me. i can only really send things over skype; unless there are some working services. yousendit keeps bringing up adverts, errors, winfix stuff, and crashing my internet. anyway, that's a bit off topic; as regards to testing i'd like as many beta testers as i can; anyone interested let me know.

thanks,

damien

2006-05-27 16:12:31

Fair enough, I'll ask my friend the musician what else he knows.

I'm afraid I simply haven't heard of Skipe, but I'm sure there's an easy method of getting the files to myself and anyone else who needs them.

2006-05-28 05:16:16 (edited by Shadowcat 2006-05-28 05:22:54)

hi damien,
you can send it with skype
it is ryanasdf1917
weard name I think
anyway,
can anyone tell me how the skype file transfer works?
can my friend join?
if he can,
you can add him by MSN
[email protected]
dd

2006-05-28 07:01:12

well, it simply pops up a dialog saying do you want to save this and you need to save it in a standard save as dialog. the only problem is with skype, a 24 mb file took about an half hour to send. even if you aren't in a conference it still can go several times slower then my usual internet would download.