2012-02-20 15:05:13

OK, what do you think?
Shall the readme be read for you by the voice in the game or by your own SAPI voice?

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-02-20 15:29:06

I think that the sappi voice should do it, to save space, and so that you don't have to make a long voice file of the read me.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-02-20 19:09:34

It's been fixed... smile

2012-03-21 13:23:38

I think you'll be glad to hear, that we have plans for some more levels... But I must say, that my version og the game story isn't the best... smile Unless you want a game about an old and rich man, who summons an ancient god of death and darkness to gain the powers of a god and to live forever. smile The only problem I have with the story, is that:
1. We need voices - send an e-mail if yu're interested... Don't forget to include a voice test
2. My own english isn't perfect, so help with that part of it would be awesome! You can send an e-mail too if you want to help...
I'll post a ... ehm... post here when I have gotten some answers, so you know if you'll have to write... smile
Right now we have ideas for at least 5, maybe 6 levels, so look forward...
As a little bonus, I can tell you the name of the god! It's not Cthulhu, nor Yog-Sothoth, nor is it Hades or Pluto... It's Dorchadas - if I'm right, it's irish and means darkness... big_smile It sounds nice I think.

Please comment, it's always great to hear your thoughts.

2012-03-21 15:42:23

Hi,

Well, I could in theory do sound work, but I'm a little busy with my own project right now. Heh.
Though, the story sounds nice, but we don't know much yet. But that's somewhat expected. big_smile

I can't wait to play the next couple of levels!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-03-21 15:48:45

Yeah we want some more levels!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-03-22 12:01:43 (edited by AlexN94 2012-03-22 12:02:45)

Yeah... We also have plans for some weapons - and I've also written a cheat.txt... I think Ghorthalon knows about one of the cheats... If he remembers it...
10, 9, 8, 7...
4-60\/\/6... big_smile

2012-03-25 23:30:57

hey guys
the link is down
can someone up load it?

2012-03-26 08:02:58

Hmm... I'll talk to Marc later to find out why, I thought we'd fixed that some weeks ago... smile

2012-03-26 09:47:39

Hmm... Bonus info!!! The first draft of this game is called Test Game and can also be found on Marcrosoft's webside... I made it in AutoIt some years ago and he converted it into BGT... It's fun to think of, that such a bad game could be turned into such a... game... big_smile

O, and I'm kind today, so I'll tell you something about my thoughts about the future of the game... One of the levels (we haven't programmed it yet) will be a little like level eight in TJ... I'm looking forward to work on it... smile
And if anyone wants to be the voice of a character just write, we need voices... At the moment we need voices for the old man and Dorchadas - so if you're 80 years old or an evil god, you're welcome - if you think you can sound like one of them you're also welcome... If you can't you're also welcome, we need at least three other voices... big_smile

2012-06-06 15:42:26 (edited by MarcroSoft 2012-06-06 15:42:50)

Hi,
I just wanted to bring this topic up again, because we are still developing the game, but a few things has made it go a bit slow the last months.
And I see that this topic is in the off topic room, and I think it should be in one of the games rooms, could a moderator please move it?
Regards,
Marc

2012-06-11 04:04:12 (edited by jack 2012-06-11 04:04:33)

Hi Alex,
Well, shouldn't this be in general game discussion? You have it in off topic room.
best regards,
Jack

2012-06-11 19:13:14

Yeah, agreed.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-06-12 00:00:37

Well, maybe, but I can't move it... Can I? smile

2012-06-12 00:04:48

Hi,
Yeah, that reminds me Dark, could you add in the ability for a user to move a topic if he realizes it's in the wrong place before the mods kick in? People have had to wait until you moved the topic. So Alex, you'll have to wait till Dark moves the topic for you.
best regards,
Jack

2012-06-12 00:37:05 (edited by AlexN94 2012-06-12 00:37:54)

Yeah, I know... And Marc seems to have asked for that already... big_smile

2013-04-22 01:57:01 (edited by Dan Gero 2013-04-22 01:58:15)

Sorry for bringing up old topics, but if you do make a level 2, I think you need to be inside the building. After all, you unlocked the door to a building who's key is on the roof. And I really think this should be in general game discussion.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2013-04-22 17:01:12

Hi,
Good idea, and yes, moderators, please move this to general game discussion.
Now I am here, I can tell you that marcrosoft.org is being remade and will be up in about half an hour.
Regards,
Marc

2013-04-22 17:56:51

I'm just throwing this out there, but the music on the homepage really should go.  You're targeting blind people, after all--one assumes one is intended to be able to hear the screen reader.  I want to download this, as it looks interesting.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2013-04-22 21:07:18

Hi,
I'd love to see this game further developed. I still like the demo.

2013-04-22 22:22:57

Hey, you can just press the 3rd button to stop the music, and after all it's very short and many other blind people do it too.
Marc

2013-04-22 22:40:11

If other blind people do it, that's...interesting.  I am against music on websites.  I am really against music on websites.  I shouldn't have to find a third button in order to stop the music, there shouldn't be music in the first place.
I should start a thread on this.  I would have figured everyone else would be against it too--the primary interface to the computer is auditory, after all, and music causes a delay in workflow.  If you are providing a stop button, it's not possible to find that stop button if one can't hear the screen reader.
Imho, blind people should be the last people putting music on their websites.  I suppose it's the closest to a picture that we have, but I should at least have to explicitly request it.
Maybe it's not as big a deal as I feel it is.

My Blog

2013-04-22 22:47:42

Advantage to braille displays cheap enough to be common: music on websites would no longer be an issue.
Technology, thou lagst. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-04-23 00:39:11

Actually, I have a braille display.  I used it once for the novelty.
Then, i realized that NVDA with rate boost and rate 53--my current settings--or jaws around 75% is and will always be faster.
Might use it again in the fall, though, when I learn Lisp for one of my classes; it's not nicknamed lost in superfluous parentheses for nothing (or lost in stupid parentheses, take your pick).

My Blog

2013-04-23 12:18:08

I've found that I work better with music playing, which is usually why I'd bother with connecting a braille display to my computer. I'd use my PACMate more often for that reason (never mind its increased portability and that it doesn't get overheated) had the battery not stopped holding a charge last summer. (Would anyone happen to know how to replace said battery? My father is an electrician and his wife works at Sears and neither of them seems to hear "Lithium polymer battery" without going in to "exotic: ignore" mode. Isn't that the same kind of battery used by most portable devices?)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.