2011-12-01 16:11:22

hello everyone,

Firstly this is Anthony.  i could not  remember my password so made a new account,  not been on for a while due to an unhealthy addiction to alter aeon.

back to the subject,   i have just finished the 5th book in the series of a song of ice fire by george r r martin and sadly was left a bit disapointed i thought it was boring if i was being kind.   has anyone here read it? i would like to hear your opinions.

2011-12-01 16:22:21

Not yet it's on my list of things to read.

About your password, you don't need to make a new account, just use the forgot password link to have a new one E-mailed to you.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-02 14:00:07

unhealthy addiction to alter aeon? this is the best joke about alter aeon that i've ever heard.
but i've nearly lost interest in it, and i didnt want the reasons behind it to be discussed here by me or by someone else...

so,
goodbye alter aeon, at least for a while now.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-12-04 12:59:59

Hmmm sid, why? I must confess I've not played a while myself, but this is more due to the fact that I've been training with my dog and playing core exiles than anything wrong with the game, and I do intend to get back to it at some point.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-04 14:08:40

at sid

i am sad to hear u feel the need to stop playing the game,    hopefully you will return soon.

at dark

all i can say is, core exiles must be amaizing for you to stay away for so long.   there 2 games on my to do list when i get bored of alter,  the formentioned core exiles and aprones castaways.

i am not one for playing 3 or 4 games regularly,  i like to concentrate all my spare time on 1 game until it i have exhausted all avenues,   like i did with lunamals and sound rts.

look forward to seeing golu and thelock once again

2011-12-04 18:59:16

Well antony part of the reason I've been playing so much ce is that with training with reever, my new guide dog, I've not really wanted to play stuff on headphones. Ce I can sit down with a wireless keyboard and play even while keeping an ear on my dog, hence why i've played so much, then again, the game is just good, and certainly complex with lots of choices.

it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's deffinately worth trying, and as I said, it's the brouser based game I've spent most time playing sinse sryth, having played now off and on (and mostly on), for the last three years.

as to castaways, another awsome game and highly worth playing, though it's not quite as long winded, if you enjoyed Lunimals you'll deffinately like it.

Funnily enough working for audiogames.net, I actually have! to go on trying games in order to write about them on the db, it's a hard job, but someone has to do it :d.

2011-12-05 08:43:19

hi,
I was also feeling sad that i've to step back from it for a few days, but now it seems that i've started resuming the game though.

there's nothing wrong with the game, but its "people".

and now, I'm being ignored by nearly all of the people of the mud, so what's the point in playing a game like alter aeon with total virtuality like this.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-12-05 09:33:14

Hmmm Sid, I can't speak for conflicts with others, but myself I tend to play alter for the exploring and solo adventuring, just sayin hi or having the odd chat occasionally. If I go on and never see another player, ---- well that's fine.

Ironically, in Ce i've done far more interacting with other players, selling goods, buying items and the like, the ce players are also a very nice friendly bunch (probably something to do with the fact the game has no pvp).

either way I do plan to play alter again when i can, sinse there is stil lots of arcase to explore.

2011-12-05 21:42:50

I should really jump on alter again, as i was raising a pretty good necro with some nice summoning spells. Any way, sid, i'm sorry to hear you were misstreated. Personally, i think the folks are really nice on that mud.

2011-12-06 08:00:20

but they are not that nice as they seems to be.

2011-12-06 23:12:16

I found most people pretty decent, indeed there was only one person who was a litle irritable.

I do wonder Sid if perhaps you just got irritated at the wrong point.
As I believe i said in another topic, if you expect the worst of people that is what you will generally find.

2011-12-09 01:41:45

Na sid's right. the people on alter aeon (most of them) are normal people. There are a bunch though who I actually don't think have souls and do nothing but sit at their computers all day having no life. And I'm not being harsh here they deserve worse.

If a particular person is annoying you, just use the ignore command.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.