2011-11-29 23:59:18

Hi all,
I've found a website that contains some really nice pinball game mods. I'm not talking esp pinball, I'm talking very nice mainstream table mods with awsome sound effects.
However, they're all on mediafire, which I haven't been able to use for months.
Every time I try to download something, it comes up with just trying to clear someting up and goes on about some sort of authentication pluggin that I have to disable.
However, it doesn't tell me the name of the pluggin, but it does tell me it's in the firefox addons list. I don't use firefox though so I don't know why it's doing this.
I have it installed, but I've tried to figure this one out and I have no idea what pluggin I have to disable.
Any help would be welcome, as I've wanted these for a long time.

2011-12-01 05:48:25

Oh good, so it's not just me. Have been having this exact same problem. I have no idea how to fix this after researching this extensively.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2011-12-01 10:04:20

Me eighter... I am trying to find the sound effects fro Tetris...

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-12-01 10:24:40

I've downloaded stuff from them before, but it's a nightmare! their site has wall to wall adds and ridiculous stuff. As I remember the download link isn't even labled it's one of those long http  addresses just under where it says the file name.

What I did in Hal was use the find function in dolphin curser to search for the name of the file I was looking for, which got me past all the crap on the page, then tried just the http link undernieth.

I'm afraid though mediafire is one of the worst file sharing sites I've seen. Sendspace is very easy, with dropbox, yousendit and rapidshare only requiring a litle work.

Others like megaupload and gold file are harder, sinse they tend to have links to download in silly places, as well as download counters and things but possible with enough patience. then however there are the ones like mediafire, freefile and hotfile that are a nightmare!

Silly adds everywhere and a very illogical interface.

As I said I've downloaded from mediafire before, but it was a struggle.

this is also why I myself have everything on sendspace big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-01 17:48:36

Yeah. It just sucks when you're looking for a very rare japanese soundtrack that's out of print and the only place to find it on the net is a mediafire link. lol

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2011-12-01 23:52:56

same here, i found a really nice future pinball table. future pinball is basically a program that lets you play other pinball tables on the pc, and someone did a table mod of the original addams family from the 90's, and it's based on the movies. the sounds are incredible.
i just can't get the darn link to work!

2011-12-08 07:48:37

try a download manager, like idm, that worked for me, not sure if it'll still work

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-12-08 10:21:14

It might be that the file is missing or has been taken down, again this seems something that mediafire doesn't inform you of very well.

I once downloaded an exceptional mod pack for the original pc graphical prince of persia game from mediafire, with about 70 mods, and a very accessible interface to modify the game, choose your level mod, choose graphic skins, heck even choose your time and amount of energy.

This however was hosted on mediafire, and as far as I can tell though it claimes the file is stil available it's not downloadable anymore, most frustrating really sinse it was such a good project and I'm not sure if I have the latest version or not, and also the chap apparently did similar things for other old pc dos graphical games like one must fall 2097.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)