2006-05-07 18:34:04

Hey guys
I know this message is off topic but, can anyone tell me of any good voice changing software? For example I want my skype to sound like a child, or a dwarf.. does anyone know about that?

2006-05-07 18:45:32

There are no free ones, as far as i know, but there are one which is really cool, it is called blaze voice cloak.
You can download and try it, by going to
http://www.blazeaudio.com

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-05-07 19:15:45

hi!
Rob, thanks for the program, its very good.... but!
How can I use it? are there any scripts? i mean, when I try to switch from voice presets to sound clips, I see the same stuff. How do you switch between one and other?

2006-05-07 20:05:32

I think, you have keystokes for sound clips, and for sound presets as well. Like robotic is ctrl+6, or something.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-07 20:06:35

hi,
i would like to ask a question, that is sort of attached.
you know that there are downloads out there, that can be used with microsoft word to speak.
i know of a few, but what i want to know is that are there any that you can use with a screen reader,
that also save as wav clips.
i need something like this for my mods.
thx.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-05-07 20:10:27

but robjoy, where is the list of the keystrokes?

2006-05-07 22:04:25

hmm wierd. sometimes, when I press on a voice preset, it won't change m voice. and I do it with the jaws cursor then insert plus numpad plus. and it still won't work. I also tried with some keystrokes but they won't work. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. And it's not really accessible... I think.
What do you guys think

2006-05-08 07:21:45

hey...
did you use this program when you were on skype? remember, your voice sounded low pitched but not slow. well, what i am looking for is some robot effects. when i do goldwave's robot effects it is really not very monotone. it just adds some robotic echo or reverb, but i want my voice to sound monotone as well. anything of a program that can do this?

2006-05-08 08:11:54

Yep arjan, I was using it. But sometimes it doesn't work, and I don't know the list of hotkeys for the voice presets and sound clips thingys. Does any of you know how to access them?
thx

2006-05-08 08:20:38

I think there should be a readme file or a manual for it.
Or, jaws should say the keystroke after the command like: cut ctrl+x

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-20 22:16:02

Here's one that's specifically made for online games. It has voice packs for dwarf, robot, giant, etc.  It's called MorphVOX, works really good with Skype:

http://www.screamingbee.com

Free version (Junior) only has a few voices but works pretty good.
http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOXJunior.aspx

2006-05-20 23:31:21

Not so accessible as far as i know...

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-21 10:03:07

Yeah it is not accessible. plus it installs a crazy audio driver which prevents you from recording anything until you select your sound card you had been using. and i was worried that my microphone was damaged.

2006-05-21 10:09:29 (edited by arjan 2006-05-21 10:10:57)

i also found this awesome program which is called vocoder. the website is analogx.com. it's very funny, i made a lot of weird noises, including doing a punch and a music instrument, it sounded like you punched a guitar or whatever. i also did some dectalk stuff - doing the modulator as a speaking file and the melody or how it is called in the program, a carrier as a melody. it is very great - you can also do the carrier as a tone, then record your own voice and make it sound like a robot. it hasn't got any cool effects such as a dwarf or child but it is very good if you're wanting to make robot effects or make it like your favorite music is talking. one slightly annoying thing is that the files must be mono, plus they also must be wav. plus the installation program is not accessible with jaws: pressing alt+tab and going to the program again works well however and allows you to proceed the installation. it also sometimes get stuck at some point at the about button you press tab and nothing happens resulting in having to restart the program. i use it and it is very great.
ps: it's free.

2006-05-22 00:41:08

Hi.
I think that Vocoder only works on Windows 98.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-05-22 07:42:24

nope, I'm using windows xp pro and it works, it also worked on a home one.

2006-06-24 04:57:54

Hi Arjan! Can I get a direct link to vocoder innstalation program? John

2006-06-24 17:03:35

ok, i just checked and it is:
http://www.analogx.com/files/vocodei.exe