2006-05-07 15:58:09

hi,
I've been in the cheat menu and been doing fatalities, and the game so rocks! it's still quite hard though. anyone know how the mk4 trainer works?

2006-05-07 16:58:50

is this a pc mk4?
if so, where can i download it, or is it just on disk?
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-05-07 18:41:00

It is for pc, i guess, and i could give you places where you can download it, illegally, but i won't, since it is illegal. However, if you have questions, you still can send me an e-mail, and i'll try to answer.

Well Aaron, mk4 really rocks, but i can defeat everybody on ultimate difficulty level, and i won the hungarian contest of mk4, where i defeated about 40 sighted players. They're wondered, that i can defeat them, especially because i am blind.
A few words about ultimate difficulty level, it is the most difficult, that means, you cn hardly throw, or break somebody's neck/legs, because the computer's char will do it before you. When you block, it won't attack, but when you don't it does. It can do three techniques in a second, while you can't. Well, we can call this cheating, but if you would like to be a master, then it is really good for you.
Oh, and then i didn't talk about the two-two character mode, where at goro's lair, you have to fight against goro, and when he destroys, you have another char to defeat..., allthough you have two characters as well, but that is nothing for goro.
So, without any proudness or something, i know the game's every aspect, so if you need help, i will answer, if i can.

About the trailers.
Many trailers are released for mk4, but the best is, where you have a few buttons on the screen. I think it is goro, noob sai bot and kitana. And then again this three one.
The first three is for player one, the second is for player two.
To activate a character, do these:
1. Run mk4.
2. Run the trailer. (the sequence is important.)
3. in the trailer, if you are player 1, press one of the first three buttons, if two, then from the second three.
4. Exit from the trailer.
5. Switch back to mk4, go to the char selection screen.
6. go down until the option, which is titled hidden (right from random).
7. Hold down run, while pressing block. Release block, but keep the run.
8. Now you have two options.
9. If you would like to be with goro, then up three times, one left, and one action key (hits/kicks)
10. If you would like to be with noob sai bot, then two up, one left, and one action key (hits/kicks)
11. Now you can release run.
(A short note about kitana. It seems that she is in the game, but that is not really true, at least with the trainer it won't work (because no associated character, like with noob sai or goro.). However, if you really would like to brin her up, you can download a hexa editor, open the binary mk4.exe, and rewrite some code.)
By the way, there are no fatalities with goro, and with noob they are the same as with reiko (the shuriken throwing, and the body-kick one)
Well, thats all for now.
Best regards,
rj.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-05-07 21:12:52

man! it's awesome that you won that contest!
Was that contest organized by you or what. Was it official?
And did you won any prize?

2006-05-07 21:35:55

i need help "making up" comboes. i think i can do that maximum damage code, but when doen how should i do a really good combo that is nearly infinate (looping)? anyone know one?

2006-05-07 21:45:56

Mk 4 is a pain in the a**. I personally love mk2 or deception.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-05-08 17:43:11

how is mk4 bad?
and how is mk deception different to deadly allience
?

2006-05-08 22:09:32

Well, it was an official contest, and yeah, i won an original cd of mk4, lol, while i could download it. Well...
Of course, i did it not for the prize.
aaron, for an infinite looping, use this:
choose reiko
at the beginning throw 3 shurikens, run to the enemy, 2 high punch, one high kick, crouch plus highkick, while the player falls, perform a leg sweep (backwards low kick), while he falls shuriken, then run again, 2 high punch, down back high punch, back low punch, down back high punch. Then finishim'.
If you are fast enough, you can do this combo without the enemy falls down. It gives three max damage, quite funny. Oh, and if every hit lands successfully, it is 100% damage!
Best of luck,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-09 04:55:39

Only one problem with that. You'll never be able to throw three shurikens against a moving/intelligent opponent and hope they connect. It's like Cyrax's far-near-bomb-bounce combo I think I described way way back. Sure it might work if you can pull it off, but there's no way in hell that you will.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-05-09 09:22:07

It is possible, if you throw it closelly.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-09 23:09:09

The shuriken has a huge lag... it takes at least a second before you can throw an additional one after your first.

James

2006-05-09 23:33:43

That's what I meant. No matter how close you are, there's lag. Sure the opponent gets pummelled if they're hit, but I just don't see that combo working.

Then there's Liu Khang's simple HPx6 knife combo, gets max damage every time. *lol*

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-05-10 09:36:42

Yeah, but in ultimate they'll just throw a fireball or any other magical thing, and you will loose the knife.
And with reiko, yeah, that is right, the one second lag, but if you throw the first from close, then it will hit your oponent, and this one second will be enough for him to fall, and if you are lucky the others will hit him/her as well.
But, you can leave it out, at least the first three shurikens, and throw instead just one.
b

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-05-11 02:32:45

Meh I don't know... I can't see that combo coming through either. Just doesn't seem possible. 'cause I've tried throwing two shurikans and they it's not possible for me. As for difference between mkd and mk Da, there are a few very obvious ones. MKd has things that Deadly Alliance doesn't have. MKd has more characters, more fatalities, death traps, more arenas, and the list goes on and on... someone wanna fill in the rest?
Speaking of Mortal Kombat, anyone looking forward to Armageddon? I know I am. *lol*

2006-05-11 16:42:55

yes, armagedden is under development... i found info about it at gamewinners.com, i forgot what it said exactly i only remember that it sounds good.
and also, in da, the fatality music was this orgon. what's it in d? (deception)

2006-05-16 03:17:08

The music was not an organ in MK deadly alliance! Woe.. what have you been listening to? Probably the GbA fatality music. On the ps2, XBOX, and gc versions the music is more of an orchestra with heavy procussion. More or less the same instruments in Deception, but the music is better. Speaking of deception, does anyone know where I could get the fatality or any other music for deception? If anyone does, let me know at:
[email protected]

Thanks.

2006-05-16 17:05:30

i'd like to know too! i like the fatality music for DA, but i'd like to find the music for other mk game fatalities.

2006-05-18 19:32:44

Hmmm, Mk4, I sort of missed that one. I know the first three Mk games very well and have played my way through most of Da, but I sort of missed out on Mk4.

Reguarding game music, the Snes music Archive has the soundtracks to the snes ports of the first three games, and sinse the Spc format could reproduce the arcade soundtracks fairly well, this sound pretty authentic.

It's possible the sountracks to Mk4, Mkda, and maybe Decpetion will be made available in Psf or Psf2 format, but I don't think anyone's got around to ripping them yet.

I know deception has a lot more to offer as a game than Da, but with the Konquest mode in Deception being a full 3D game ratherthan the text in Da, (very kindly transcribed in Mr. Mike zilinski's Faq on gamefaqs), I don't know if it'd be possible for me to play it, so I'm reluctant to buy Deception.

Fighting in 3D is relatively okay, sinse your charactor always faces the opponent, and the only thing in the environment you need to worry about are the sides of the ring (which are usually very obvious.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-19 02:16:46

Dark.
Regarding konquest, it's hard. But it's doable. Not that I've played it. DA's konquest is a lot more accessible because of the transcriptions, thanks to Mike Ziolinski. I'm e-mailed him about his detail in faqs, and he expressed his thankfullness that it was able to help visually impaired players.

2006-05-19 06:59:51

Hmmm Assault freak? you mailed Mike Zilinski as well?

Well at least he knows he's appreciated. He's actually recieved two votes of thanks from me, one for Mkda, and one for soul Caliber 2. I always make it a point to tell Faq authors when they've done something so extremely handy, just so that they know.

I might well try deception when I've finished with Mkda, just for the hell of it, I did rather fancy Chess or Puzle combat mode anyway. sinse the Gba is sort of going out of fashion and I'm going to have to search for some new games to play. though if the Ps2 comes down in price enough, I'm also considdering buying one just to play Soul Caliber three and Streetfighter Aniversery collection ----- not to mention  a few Ps1 games I rather like.

then again though, I stil Have Mega Man 8 and Mega man & bass to finish (groooooone! they're toooooo hard!)

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-19 16:08:32

gba? i love gba! i will make a topic about it, or you could. but, mk. mk is one of the best game serieses i've played. haha. serieses. not even a word.

2006-05-20 00:18:39

Mike's z's soul calibur 2 FaQ was awesome. I just don't get some of the qcf and hcf stuff. That maneuver is so hard. Like the quarter and half circles moves.. ugh.

2006-05-20 11:20:51

All of his Faqs are fairly awsome ----- well I'm not sure about the World of Warcraft ones, but I enjoyed reading the deception Faq, even though I don't have the game.

the Qcf Hcf stuff I find makes a lot of sense once you get your head around it. In a beat-em-up, it's a bit stupid to talk about pressing left and right on the pad (or stick in my case), sinse in just about all fighting games your perminantly facing your opponent.

so forward is obviously towards them.

After that the quarter circkle, half circle is actually rather easy. If your player one (left hand side), quartar circle forward means circling down to right (down to left for P2), in the classic, Hadaoken movement of Streetfighter, half circle is obviously back to forward.

Generally though, Mk games have always relied more on button tapping, and Streetfighter games have been the ones with the circling flowing motions, ------ which are much! easier to perform on a propper joystick than a silly pad Imho.

2006-05-21 02:58:51

Well, I just recently downloaded MK4 myself, curious about all this Mortal Kombat talk. I've never played any of the games in the series myself, so I've only got some similarities with Street Fighter to help me. My two initial questions are; first, how can you find a weapon if you dropped it? Second, how do you activate the cheats? An answer to these questions would be appreciated, as well as any other pointer or suggestions. Thanks for getting me into this game! It should provide plenty for me to puzzle over.!
Regards, Locutus of Borg.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2006-05-22 08:33:24

Well, that's true. Mk requires a lot more tapping of certain buttons. It's not like SF, where it's more a key plus another key. Have you noticed that Soul Calibur 2 is kind of the same?