2006-05-07 15:27:51 (edited by archer 2006-05-07 15:29:04)

hi,
i was just wondering,
you know in monty, each object has a sound which shows you where it is, like the gem sound.
well, where are those sounds.
like the firepit background sound, and the potion bbubbling sound.
where are they in the directory.
thx.
archer.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-05-09 00:10:39

They're in the .mzps.  They can't be taken with psound. (you can tel if you open them in soundforge or goldwave using 22050 khz 16 bit mono)

James

2006-05-09 08:02:51

They are not in .mzps, or whatever u said... are they? When I downlaoded the demo from draconis entertainment they were in .wav format. oh, and I think they are in program files, montizumas reveng, sounds, and then there is adversaries, player, objects...and there you find the sounds in .wave format.

2006-05-09 08:28:27

yeah, those are the sounds, but nowhere in the "Sounds" section is there a sound that tells you were the gem is, or a background sound for the firepit, or the rope and vines.
you cannot find them in there.

2006-05-09 23:12:01

Al of the sounds which help you locate objects like gems, firepits, and even those little ambient sounds (dripping, the wind when you get to the top of one of the ladders in level 1) are in the .mzp for that particular level.  All other sounds (monsters, tile sounds like whe you hit a torch or fall into a pit) are in the sounds folder.

James

2006-05-10 08:07:16

yeah, they are good, but if you want to mod, and don't want a firepit then you can't change the background, it spoils the mod.

is goldwav free? and easy to use to get in the mzps?
thx

2006-05-11 01:51:02

There re probably countless topics about goldwave by now.  Anyway it can't change any of the sounds in them, just listen to them.  These programs arent specifically made for editing game sounds, they're sound editing programs.  If you want to find out more try going to goldwave.com.  That goes for most things; a quick google search with the name of the program will usually bring up more information.

James