2006-05-06 16:53:04

Hi everyone.
What accessible MUD Client is the best. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-05-06 17:43:29

i use monkeyTerm from www.randylaptop.com. it is not made by the guy but it is not in development and not supported and he made the library so you can get the mud client to speak. also a mud client that i used for ages is gmud. pretty accessible especially if you have the scripts.

2006-05-06 19:34:08

Yup, GMud available with scripts from www.gutterstar.net is good for starting off, if you're using Jaws. It's free, and GMud is easily available on the net, but you have to sign up to gutterstar to get the scripts for Jaws. They help and have some useful features like interrupting when certain text appears and ignoring certain other text, but aren't essential. Just unzip GMud to it's own folder and run GMud32.exe, then set screen echo to all with insert + s. Screen echo setting isn't needed with the scripts, and it doesn't interrupt reading game events when you type but I like to turn back on the interruption from the enter key so I can hear what the effects of my last aaction are.

Nothing against monkeyTerm either, the VB script could be handy if you know your way around it, but to begin with GMud is excellent.

Configuration's a breeze in any client too. Give it the address and port number, available from the mud's web site, and that's all it needs. Unfortunately as has come up often there's no way around it if your network blocks the connection, but this is only an issue if you're on a college/university/office network and shouldn't cause problems on home connections.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-05-06 22:09:18

In my opinion, gmud is the simplest, the best, the smallest, the smartest, it rocks!
After this really talkative message, lol, all i can say that it is really good even for an advanced mud player.
R.J.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-05-07 02:47:49

Yeah, but if you're playing Godwars2 you'll want MonkeyTerm to use the sounds.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-05-07 08:11:19

Yeah right, the sounds are really useful. i really can know a lot more what's going on with the sounds before my screenreader even gets to it.
and btw, robjoy, watch out, coolmichael is subclassed now i saw. smile

2006-05-07 10:47:59

Hahaha, with warps, demonic rage 22 road of seven sins 22 extended rage 22, heh, 150% bypas with crush, try to kill me.
And about monkey term, you can set up sounds with gmud as well. But if you are a true rpg player, then you won't care about the sounds. I am sure a few rpg players knows what i am talking about.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi