2012-03-31 05:16:45

I hate to rain on the parade, but I suddenly can't do anything. I log in like normal, but am placed nowhere, with only an axe. I am told I have "reputation" and "experience", both with no integers attached, and that my next level requires 0 experience. I can't move or do anything at all. My debuglog.txt file just has the usual - no errors except the one that means jaws couldn't be found. Very strange indeed.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 05:23:18

hi,
another thing
I lost my slippers
will I have to listen again to get them again

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 05:39:11

I'm afraid that mehgcap is right. I am experiencing the same problem he is. Aprone, I am sure there is a simple explanation to why this is so. I am guessing that the server isn't running yet.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 05:59:54

hi,
well it does take a while to connect
idk  why that is though

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 06:11:34

Greetings folks.

The Swamp release that was just put out had some issues of my own making; I neglected to convert some files from 24-bit to 16-bit. Swamp is unable to handle 24-bit files, so you'll receive a lot of debug errors and also not be able to hear those sounds. To amend this, I've repackaged and re-released Swamp 1.9B, and while doing so also included updated sounds for several weapons and menu/detection sounds.
The file is a self-extracting archive, and will attempt to launch Swamp upon successful extraction.

I've made the file available on both Dropbox and Sendspace, in case one or the other messes up. I've also uploaded the file to Jeremy's server, so maybe he'll be able to reflect the change later on.

Enjoy, and apologies for the discrepancy.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 06:35:21

...... ......woe, you know, I never realized how menny changes were actually made until I looked at the full change log, then i was all, holey shit!

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 07:09:58

I figured out what the problem is. If you try to load a character and password combination that you used in v1.8, it does not load correctly.

2012-03-31 07:22:56 (edited by Shadowcat 2012-03-31 07:35:50)

howdoes that make any sense? haha
meh, I was gonna change my name anyways, haha
edit: for some reason that still doesn't work, I changed my name but nothing happens

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 07:26:43 (edited by Ghost 2012-03-31 07:27:33)

yep that's what happens
oo, and remember the changes that wern't listed in the change log
lol so with all of those there would be more than a hundred changes in the 1.9 release

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 08:05:18

Hi,

You can still use your old name and password you just have to check who is online and it will connect you.

HTH

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 11:23:30 (edited by Drew 2012-03-31 11:27:10)

Great news! I kind of want to re-record my tutorial, because it does not cover miniquests, does not give the keys to use to do things, and does not cover the fuel system (as well as spell Jeremy's name wrong >.>).

But, my computer has literally exploded, and I don't relish redoing all of it right now with the lesser quality mics I have available to me at this moment. So, here it is! I take about 30 minutes explaining most of the game mechanics of Swamp. At the end is a mission recording set to some really great music. Everyone should listen to that part at least, because it is way more awesome than it has any right to be. I hope this helps new people to understand how to play the game, and generates greater interest in the game in people who would not pick it up otherwise.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5807555/tutorial.mp3

Enjoy!

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 12:36:30

is Server off again? i can't get connection to be established.

i don't know how to thank Apronhe for such a great game btw and this is my first post with my new account Since i've lost the previous one.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 13:08:54

It seems to be a problem, there is not a correct linking between client and server. When checking constantly the number of online players it goes normally, but if you stop pressing the combination to perform this action it does not refresh and is like being alone in the map.

Lol I hope you to understand me.

Sorry for my english :D

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 13:30:55 (edited by TurkceRap 2012-03-31 13:32:29)

i think i m breaking  something, today once in a while i can connect, but most of the time i can't, when i pressed multy player it starts saying "donation from" and cuts the sentence somewhere then i m not in the game...

i re installed and installed the game twice as well.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 15:09:37

I think the upgraded server doesn't have the donations shoutouts set properly. It didn't give me a name on castaways either.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 15:13:15

It's been a hectic morning with a few dozen messages to check regarding the new swamp server.  Clearly it was having some issues and I've been getting a lot of lag and bug reports.  The first thing that jumped out at me was people saying the donation message didn't finish being read.  After a little checking I discovered that this computer had a dead on board battery so it couldn't store the date.  This was affecting the server software and causing that missing message.  I'm hoping this solves a few issues but I will have to wait to find out.

It's a shame I couldn't have been around for the actual revealing of the new server.  If I hadn't been at work I might have spotted some of these problems as they first started showing up.  It's quite a bit trickier to rifle through dozens of emails trying to piece together what happened during the night, lol.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 15:19:42

I can confirm that things suddenly work once you hit shift-slash to see who is online. Also, if it helps, you start by facing south, but once you hit that keystroke you face west like normal. Oh, and the donations message read properly this time, but the bug where you do not seem to be on a map at all still occurred. Also, I suddenly have a lot of sound errors. The first are in the pistol folder; the game is looking for a folder called glock19, but the folder in the game's directory is called g19. This didn't happen last night. Very strange.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 15:24:05

Never mind my last, I just saw the post about the updated sounds. I saw it earlier, but thought it was referring to someone's custom sound pack.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 22:27:59

hi,
so does anyone know if I will need to participate in the tech talk show to get the slippers
I had them before

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 22:48:20

A strange bug. I was on a mission with three other people. Eventually, they all died, leaving me to finish. Shift-slash told me I was the only person there, yet I heard the ping of another player as I walked around. I'm not sure what happened - is this a bug, or did someone figure out how to not show up on the local user list, effectively hiding themselves?
Also, I'm still getting sound errors, even after installing the fix posted earlier today.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 23:07:32

I have a quick off topic question about the syntacts for the map files. Which line of the file tells how many zombies are spanned.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 23:08:59 (edited by Aprone 2012-03-31 23:38:41)

There is a bug that I'm part way through fixing, which is referred to as the phantom or ghost bug.  Players who have died in missions can sometimes glitch and the computer begins running their corpses around as if they are zombies.  They don't shoot, collect items, or attack you so they are just decoration until I finish fixing the bug.

As a cool side note, a few times today I took a look and saw 41 people online on Swamp.  Before today the most I'd ever personally seen was 36 so I think we've broken the old record.  Yay!

Now I see 45 online.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 23:49:24

Aprone, I strongly suggest you ban siedelman  from the game he is truck sitting again and I for one am tired of it especially as I am starting out and need xp.

Thumbs up

2012-03-31 23:56:43

I don't see any players by that name.  If you can get me the player's exact name, I will speak to him about the truck sitting.  I've had quite a few complaints about the same person but so far no one has told me his in-game name.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2012-04-01 00:02:59

hi aprone what is truck sidding

add me to Skype at audio gamer333