2011-10-21 04:18:16 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-10-21 06:00:16)

So, I took a game I originally made in javascript six years ago and converted it to BGT.
And here's the result.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/mystery.bgt
(You can press tab to switch from sapi to nvda mode.).

Weirdly, I've found this version harder than the javascript version. I've had a harder time keeping track of who's who. (Maybe I should switch to less randomly generated names? tongue ).

If anyone's interested, the javascript version can be found here: http://planetseva.com/psgames/jq_m.htm
Though it will probably make IE7 and higher malfunction, since it launches the game immediately, and apparently IE's security settings have scripts in general and prompts in separate categories. (I have to wonder what the Microsoft team was thinking when they decided that prompts were more threatening than scripts in general...).

I've been wanting to remake this from the ground up as something... ur... more interesting, but haven't been able to get around to it. So I did this instead.

[edit] Minor bug fix already... yikes [/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-10-21 13:16:36 (edited by fatih 2011-10-21 14:28:35)

why this game doesn't support jaws?

2011-10-21 15:28:08

Because it's in BGT, which doesn't have jaws support yet. Though, I think Phillip has said that the next version of BGT will support Jaws.

(After playing around with it some more, I think I find the BGT version much easier than the JS version, since it's possible to review past messages. Only up to ten, but still, that can be very helpful.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-10-21 15:50:25

hahaha. The game took me 10 seconds to solve. Just walked around, walked into the living room and saw the random dead guy with the alive person, accused him. 200 points. What was odd though was that when I moved around the "moves" score didn't increase.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-10-21 15:53:53

The moves only increase after the body has been found. So if you accuse the killer on the first attempt before anyone has found the body, you get the maximum score. If you even get informed that the body has been found, it counts as one move, so I think you did it about as quickly as possible with the victim still dying.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-10-22 06:28:58

I made a small update, but it should make the game a bit more difficult. Previously, the killer had this nasty tendency to stay close to the body after committing the murder, making it easy to spot them by simply picking the person who refused to travel more than one room away. The killer now acts perfectly normal after the body has been found.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.