2006-04-22 01:53:30

I made this demo a while ago, actually only a few days ago, but anyway: there is a second demo of destroy the castle released.
Click To Find Out More.

2006-04-22 11:37:28

demo? how will the full game be different? do you need to buy it?

2006-04-22 16:42:28 (edited by sk8kid1 2006-04-22 16:43:20)

Man, so impatient... Can't someone trying to make games keep a secret these days? Oh, okay, I'll tell ya if it sparks your interest. You won't need to buy it.  The full game will have weapons for every position after 5, each weapon becoming weaker and weaker. Your castle and the opposing castle will have hp. The other castle will have a good amount more hp than you do. When you hit the castle, the enemies will attack back. If you never make a hit, you will be destroyed like in the demos.

2006-04-22 16:57:30

Well the sound based alerts do make the game a lot easier to play, and I particularly look forward to the point where you can actually destroy the enemy castle.

\It also occurs to me, that your building a turn base combat system here Sk8kid, which could be rather handy in an Rpg game, say by combining go to commands of something like Path of doom or Under cover, with the fighting seen in this game ----- though obviously both would have to be a litle more complex.

Stil, you can guarantee I'm keeping an eye on what your upto over at Dragonslayer.

Btw, why the heck would you build your castle next dor (within cannon ball range), to a castle who want to kill you? same goes for the enemies!

Methinks a litle location planning in castle building could've mist out on a lot of unpleasantness.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-22 20:06:11

LOL, I guess there wouldn't be much of a game if the castles were miles apart unless you combined technology and medeivil together. Then you could have guided missiles, but that wouldn't be too fun in my opinion.
Anyway, I'm sick today, so I can't do much. Why the heck am I saying this you might wonder? Well, the final version of destroy the castle is out!
Here's The Link
I also made a simple craps game. Kinda funny, you might want to check it out.

2006-04-22 22:47:00 (edited by dark empathy 2006-04-22 23:02:25)

Wow! you work fast sk8kid. I'll go and check both outk, but I'm especially looking forward to seeing castle nasty crumble like a sand castle under my advancing tide of cannon fire!
buahahaha!

well I've just been away and given the game a try. I do like seeing the castle go boomb! buahaha.
My only problem with the game is at the moment, it's significantly easier to use the cannon than the other weapons. I just position my curser on the "Cannon ball" bit, and wait for the fifth cannon moving sound, if I miss though, the sound is inevitabley quicker at moving than I am pressing tab, so I usually die (I don't miss much).

Thus, the other weapons don't get used much by me. Maybe you could introduce amo counts, or a specific order to use the wapons in, say lobbing flames first to destract their defenders, then the catapult to knock off any guards stil on the wall, then the Trebeushay (I can't spell!), to weeken their walls, and finally finish up with some cannon blasting.

It's stil a good game though, and I hope you get better soon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-04-22 23:55:15

Well as of the English civil war it has been known for seige forces to build a temporary fortification within cannon range, this might explain why you're so much weaker than the enemy wink

Oh, and isn't a trebuchet just a different type of catapult? Not trying to knock the game, just confused. Maybe a torsion catapult? (better known as a ballista, an oversized crossbow).

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-04-23 00:57:50

Yeh dark, the game is kinda easy. I'll deffinetley work on that.
A trebuchet is stronger than a catapult.

2006-04-23 01:51:50

I always got the impression myself that a Trebuchet was supposed to be a larger catapult for destroying walls, as opposed to the smaller ones which were like houitzers, to drop arrows and rocks and stuff over the walls.

Perhaps we could also have a mangonel in there? A humungus! gigantic! catapult throwing half tonne rocks. I know it's another catapult, but I just love the name Mangonel, sinse it's for mangling wallls!

the English civil war stuff would make sense, especially sinse if I remember rightly, they used buildings like Churches as fortificationsthe, such as the church in the town of Newark which stil desplays damage from shells and such. (that's the Newark over here, nere Nottingham rather than the one in america close to New york).

Well that's my ramble for the day.

2006-04-23 14:26:11

That's a good idea, I couldn't think of more weapons. I was gonna have archers, but I decided that wouldn't do much to a castle. I am putting all changes to destroy the castle on hold for a bit because I have a game that I think everyone may just like...

2006-04-23 15:14:33

oh and sk8kid, i can see the source to these games.
guys, on the online games page, instead of clicking the links, right click and choose save target as. and, then, open the file in notepad, and vwaller! we can make changes, look at the source, and even learn from it! how's about that sk8kid! we can learn... from these games!

2006-04-23 17:14:20

Of course you can. I can't copyright the stuff I'm doing. Maybe the ideas, but not the code. I don't think atleast. If you make your own game, though, please ask my permission to post it..

2006-04-23 17:34:24

Sk8kid, I was going to give castle nasty some well deserved abuse, but I'm sorry to say that Ds games has just vanished again due to bandwidth  trouble. Have you considdered moving?

with the games getting more complex (and as a guess, taking up more space), It does seem that a host which is constantly complaining about bandwidth isn't a good thing.

Maybe you could even try getting your own domain?

Lorimernet, the people behind the Whitestick.co.uk site, do several deals especially for persons of reduced visability like me and thee, maybe you could check them out?

http://www.lorimernet.co.uk/

I'll probably need them myself eventually, for a pet project I'm working on (synister hint, wink wink).

2006-04-23 17:43:18

hmm, that sounds quite good for me,
i'm trying to do a website about modding, my friend's made everything, info, even a small forum special for the site.
i am not going to turn a profit and i want to keep it up as long as possible.
i'll have a look.

p.s sk8 kid, did you get my e-mail?
i've got a game idea you might like,
mail me at [email protected],
and i'll send it to you.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-24 03:29:56

I hate that bandwidth problem. It's kinda hard for a 13 year old like myself to get "funding" for something decent especially something on the internet. The games do not take up too much space, but people downloading the trailer for mb multiple times kills me! It gets saved to their comp, but they don't know it! Grrrrrrrrrr!
Archer, pretty embarassing, I haven't checked my email in a few days cause computer problems. I've been more worried about dsg. Damn lazey when it comes to computers. Off to check it.

2006-04-24 08:00:40

well, i am not even sure it went to the right person, "OOPS!" i just sent it to one of the addresses and left it at that.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-04-24 17:29:32

can you also do more downloadable (non-online) games?
oh and also, if you save the online stuff to your comp, do you need to be online to play it (or can you just double click)
i am on braudband, but i am curious. i am not sighted, but i say double click because. well. i dunno. anyway, i said it.

2006-04-26 02:20:17

I really want to work on more online games, but I have higher priorities in life than computers; mostly sports, music, and unfortunately, school. You could play offline, but I'm pretty sure you'd need the sounds. I'll award ya a prize if you can find out how to get those off the site, ahahahahahahah!
Archer, I got that email and I replied.

2006-04-29 23:03:14

Hi, Sk8kid, did you get the mail I sent to you this morning, reguarding game ideas and the Dtc engine? when you get a moment, let me know what you think.

I used the contact link on the Dragonslayer games page, so I hope you got it alright.