2011-10-04 07:18:10

Hello all,
As some may remember I had people E-mail me a while back. Well, the problem is slowly getting solved. My mom is a bit more aware that she's not a billionaire lol. My parents are talking as well. It's a bit shaky, but the relationship is building. Oh yeah by the way, this might be a long post hahaha. Ok, so I might have the resources to go to an event called homecoming. Its basically a dance that all highschool students are invited to attend. I do have a date (she doesn't quite know yet though) that I will take for the event. But here is where the problem begins. I couldn't dance, even to save my life! As a note to all those, I do play an instrument in our marching band, so I've got a pretty good sence of rhythm. I'm lost of ideas. To demonstrate that I have rhythm, I can give recordings of me playing our marching show. Any ideas would be helpfull, I want to take her out of her shell, since noone even bothers asking her to this dance, this will be the 2nd year this happens, poor girl. But I want to change that.

2011-10-05 06:11:24

Hi,
i'm not very good at explaining things but i will try.
it shouldn't matter if you can't dance because she will like you for your personalaty and quolatys that you have.
if you and her are good friends then the dancing shouldn't matter, i mean ok, it might not be what everyone elce is doing in this party thing but hey as long as you are both happy who cares?
just show her the real you and don't put on a show. what i mean buy this is, be you and not mister know it all, if you don't no it all. do you understand?
so to brake down what i just rambled on about be your self and she should be happy and it shouldn't matter if you can't fit in with everyone elce.
sorry if this doesn't make sence. if it does then great and please reply, if not, reply and tell me how rong i was. trust me it will help me with helping others. because that is what i want to do, i want to help others. if they are blind or have a disibilaty then i will help them, if they are sighted and willing to listen to what i have to say. then i will help them.
anyway enough about me, thanks for reading and i hope some of that or all of that helped.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-10-05 13:54:46

To shed some light on rhythm and danceing. Well, i hate to sound aragant but, i am an excellent guitar player with great rhythym however, i can't dance worth a damn. Just because you may feel you have it musically, when you bring your feet in to the picture things get different. Good luck though, and i wish you the best.

2011-10-05 16:06:11

Just a quick question. who says you have to dance?

Just because it is a party and other people are dancing, doesn't mean you have to, find a quiet place for a chat, find some people who arent' dancing or are tied, possibly go outside if the music is too loud.

myself, I have been in many musicals, light oppras and and productions on stage.

I can sing, I can act, can I dance? ---- hell no! doI care, also no.

One of the nicest events I went to at university was a masked ball. Huge disco, much dancing. Did I dance? certainly not.

Also if a person is shy, going out and gyrating to music is probably not what they will want to do anyway, so it might be more considderate to your friend as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)