2011-09-09 23:06:55

Hey I want to play it looks cool. However, it won't work. whatever I do, it won't work. the sapi dill won't work either. Sapi just won't run

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-09-09 23:50:43

Hello,

How do I assign commands? Like the steps, the bombs, and so forth? I'm having trouble understanding the read me, so any help would be appreciated.
Also, just a suggestion, how about a learn sounds menu?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-09-10 00:16:09

Ok, I think I got the startup issues fixed. Well, it fixed it for me anyway, so here's what I did.
Quentin, you may be using the same speech system, but not the same NVDA DLL. I do believe in the playroom me and robjoy helped you get a newer version of it, which is unified, so there's no specific 32 and 64 dll file. and that's what you're using in the playroom, the filename is nvdacontrollerclient.dll, and it has a last modified date of febuary 2011.
Looking at Greenies Escape, that one still has the 2 separate nvdacontrollerclient32.dll and nvdacontrollerclient64.dll's modified in febuary 2010. What you need to do is delete the 2 from Greenie's escape, then copy the one single dll from the playroom. And there you go, no more startup issues.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2011-09-10 02:46:09

Ok I was able to play it with nvda. Maybe there could be a path thing. that like shows you which directions you have to go

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-09-10 03:26:36

Hello. This may be a stupid question but how do i beat level 2? I beat level 1 somehow by drilling and it saved greenies though I have no idea how but on level 2, I dig around and nothing and it's just grass and pavement so what do I do? And when will the level editor be ready? Thanks

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-09-10 05:16:31

please, can you record a walkthrough so that I understand how all this work?

This is not a signature.

2011-09-10 18:05:51

hi,
I'm really stuck on level 2, can anyone tell me serious strategies to be used?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-09-10 18:57:39

For the NVDA thing, I must have made an misstake, messed up with the DLLS. I will check again soon.

> How do I assign commands? Like the steps, the bombs, and so forth? I'm having trouble understanding the read me, so any help would be appreciated.

To assign a task to a greeny, you just press Alt+the letter of the task.

> Also, just a suggestion, how about a learn sounds menu?

I think that sounds are clear enough: footstepps sounds like footsteps, driller uses an electric driller, the pickler uses a jackhammer, the miner uses a shovel, you can hear the greenies falling into void or water, crash on the ground, etc. Seriously, I think it's useless.

> please, can you record a walkthrough so that I understand how all this work?
I can't, sorry. First of all, remember that I'm not a native english speaker, so it's hard for me to record something sufficiently understandable.
Secondly, I'm infortunately unable to record stereo mix when using my micro+headphone, I don't have that option, and it would be quite awful if I use the webcam of my laptop.

A small help for level 2: look at the options you have and imagine how you can pass through. Don't hesitate do split up the digging operation in a couple of distinct steps. The end of the level is easy, you just need some stairs.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-09-10 20:31:00

Hi Amineel.

I actually know lemmings very well and watched my brother and friend play it considderably on the amigar, often offering help (sinse the curser and icons were too small for me to see but the lemmings and level structure were quite visible).

I must admit I'd thought of a Lemmings game in audio, but wasn't sure how it'd work, so great your trying this.

The trouble is though, I cannot play the game because I'm geting no speech.

When I run greenies.exe, I get the window and a sound to indicate menue choice, but Hal can find no on screen text, and sapi isn't running.

In the readme, it also didn't say how to select sapi. I'ave hit f11 and 12, but it's not doing anything. I've also checked, and my sapi is stil running fine.

I've also tried deleting the nvda.dll, nvda controller and jfwapi dll files as said earlier in the thread, but I'm afraid this didn't help either.

Could you let me know how to get sapi running in order to play the game? if it's supposed to auto detect a screen reader, it isn't doing it I'm afraid.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-11 06:54:57

ok, I said this because I not understand the game. I understand your english thing, and don't worry. anyone, please can you explain the readme more clearely? because, english is my second language too

This is not a signature.

2011-09-11 10:17:19

I have just uploaded a bugfix version.
- SAPI now automatically starts if no other screen reader is detected. There was actually a SAPI problem with the old version, thanks dark
- I added the NVDA DLL without 32 or 64 suffix in the distribution.

I definitely don't understand anything with NVDA DLLs. I double-checked all that, and :
- The link given by SplendidFault point to the old DLLs, the same as those I already had,. The modification date is the same in both side, 19 february 2010. However, the 32 version works for me without any problem (windows 7 pro 32 bits)
- I actually had a newer one in the playroom, without any 32 or 64 suffix, dated from febuary 2011. I have now included it in greenies. I don't remember where I got that one but the NVDA website still give the old ones. For me it works either.

Please help me to clarify all that, tell me if you are using 32 or 64 bit, which version of NVDA you are using,  and which of these DLLs worked for you. Try by keeping one and temporarily removing/renaming other ones.

2011-09-11 11:08:30

Hi Amineel.

I'm afraid sapi stil isn't working either.

I downloaded the file from the link in your first post, ran it ande got exactly the same thing. Once again I deleted all the mvda and jfw dll's but nothing!

Perhaps some hotkeys to choose screen reader are needed here like the ones entombed has? for instance the f keys or tab to cycle.

This auto detection thing doesn't seem to be going unfortunately.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-11 11:32:29 (edited by Aminiel 2011-09-11 11:34:41)

Just retryed, I have jaws. By removing jfwapi.dll, SAPI works.

Delete the directory where you extracted the zip, or extract the new one in another folder. The size of the zip file should be about 1078 KB.

2011-09-11 12:57:13

I can't get past level 5.

SPOILERS AHEAD!
I made a driller and he driller through the carpet. Then I made a diver, so he could go down into the water and maybe build some wood steps up to the exit dor or something. I also made a bridger so all the greenies wouldn't fall into the water. I had to use all my bridger competences so that there would be a bridge from f6 to u6 or whatever. I also made my diver drill through the carpet on the second row. But now, I do not know what to do. I do not know how to destroy the bridge that I had build. If I did, I could get all my greenies to the exit door. The only way I can destroy stuff is by drilling, and I have already tried climbing up the a column, but I can't make the climbing stop so the diver jsut ends up falling back on top of the bridge.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-09-11 15:15:59

hey sapi won't work. I deleted all the dll's except bass.dll and sapi.dll

2011-09-11 18:04:24

I don't understand ! Sapi works here if I remove jfwapi.dll !
Try to quit your screen reader, it may interfer or it is maybe still detected.
You should also ensure you have a default SAPI voice working in the control panel.

2011-09-11 18:26:53

Sapi works for every single program apart from this one so the voice is fine. I've got the newest version and I killed the jfwapi.dll and stuff

2011-09-11 19:37:43

I'm afraid I'm having exactly the same problem here as Stewie.

I extracted the contents of the file to a new folder, deleted all the nvda and jfw files, so that all that is in the directory are the data and sounds folders, bass.dll, sapi5.dll the readme and exe.

Stil nothing.

Sapi is certainly working over here, I've been playing entombed with it most of today.

I even tried turning off supernova (usually not necessary), but this didn't help either.

I wonder if the auto detection is the problem? try a key to activate sapi such as tab or ctrl shift s the way entombed and Aprone's games do, sinse it might just be that the program for some reason thinks jfw or nvda is running when it in fact isn't.

2011-09-13 15:00:07

Hi:
I have a question, when I start the game, How can I find out whare the greenys are? Do I just have to look around?

Audio game king

2011-09-13 17:22:34

HI,
This game sounds excellent. I haven't been on this forum in quite some time so I've missed it until now. I'll definitely be looking into it.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-13 20:23:02

@wp85: I don't understand your question: greenies enter in the level by the entrance door. Initially at level start none are there, they come one by one, a couple of seconds between each.

I think I found the definitive solution for the speech problem. Normally, NVDA, WindowsEye, SystemAccess and SAPI should work in the next update. I will tell you when it's ready.

2011-09-13 21:12:51

Great, I'll look forward to trying it.

2011-09-15 14:06:12

Hi,
Call me dense if yyou want to (;)), but I am seriously stuck in level 2. I have assigned multiple Greenies as drillers, and I also assigned one as a builder, which seemed to help as far as one of the paveement sections goes. But I've not been able to make any real headway.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-17 00:10:57

@Hayden:
*** spoiler follows ***
You well noticed that you were unable to pass above. Try to pass through. Try to find your way around indestructible blocks. To do that, you have drillers, yes, but you also have something else that should help you, something that you haven't used yet. Read again the readme and find which competance could help you to pass through around the indestructible blocks.
The ending of the level is easy, you just need some stairs. Calculate where you must place them and remember that they are built diagonally.

2011-09-17 16:51:34

I uploaded a new version of the game, you can download it at the same URL.

* NVDA, Windows Eye and System access should work now. IF my new DLL works well, I will be able to add it in the playroom too, therefore you will gain windows eye support in the playroom soon if everything is fine. Please tell me if you have troubles.
* You are now told if you are paused or unpaused after pressing enter
* Bugfix: fire sound remain audible even after it disappeared after activating a switch. Conversely, fires could appear after level start without sound.