2011-08-24 22:46:41

I have just installed NVDA and like it  so far.  A few questions, how can I get equlance to use NVDA, I have it from window eyes?  Also, how do I obtain other braille display drivers?  I have a brailliant 40.

2011-08-25 08:51:34 (edited by burak 2011-08-25 08:53:12)

Hi,
Sorry but I don't have a braille display but download the
eloquence driver zip file
And, go to your %appdata folder and NVDA folder. Click synthdrivers folder, and copy all files into this folder, but shut down NVDA before copying. Hth.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-08-25 09:17:24

hello burak,
thanks for that zip file. I needed the driver. thanks.

This is not a signature.

2011-08-25 11:43:38

can n v d a   use other voice engines?

2011-08-25 12:45:00

So long as there is a driver available.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-08-25 19:03:31

Though bear in mind that the currently available Eloquence drivers are, ahem, fallen off the back of a lorry type thing. The people maintaining NVDA are currently taking a count of people who would be willing to buy legitimate licenses for Eloquence with NVDA, since the company which makes Eloquence only sells them in bulk of around ten thousand licenses at a time. If you'd be willing to pay for an above board and legal Eloquence version for NVDA I'd suggest you go to the web site and let them know.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-08-26 04:52:14

I already have elquence from window eyes.

2011-08-26 05:40:08

Not quite. The version of eloquence that came with Window Eyes will only work with Window Eyes, the driver they mentioned earlier probably includes the actual Eloquence synthesiser itself.

While I won't judge anyone for doing this I feel people should know that they're doing this, otherwise they could get quite a shock if they find out later. It's your choice, just so long as people make it clear that this choice is being made. The version of Eloquence licensed for Window Eyes is only licensed for use with Window Eyes, the version they offered for upload earlier is not 100% legal.

Again I stress I won't judge anyone for using it, I just feel people should know that is what they're doing. Not mentioning it could easily lead people to think it's legal, and while I don't think the driver should be removed I do think its nature  should be made clear.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.