2006-04-02 18:09:02

how can I play the curb game successfully? i use jaws7.0 and when i launch the game i hear sounds but arrow keys don't respond why? how do I fix that?

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2006-04-02 20:40:19

When the game is loaded, you can switch off screenreaders. Please read here:
http://www.audiogames.net/thecurbgame/#curbhelp

It's about getting "the focus" to the game! And no, that has nothing to do with "the matrix". A screenreader mostly controls the focus and does not want to give it to the game.

2006-05-01 16:43:47

yeah i thought it said something about turning the virtual cursor off but this doesn't work either. also, it seems like the curb game still does not react to the arrows once i disable my screenreader; refreshing works however.

2006-11-02 18:11:04

Hello!
I have also found a problem with the Curb Game. When I've started the game, turned off the Screenreader, and when this message apears "The Curb Game! Press a key". I try to do so, but nothing happens, it's just that message repeating itself all the way and the music in the background. have anyone experienced this problem?

V

2006-11-19 05:01:27

yes me too sometimes
you have to press space first
PS, I have the same thing accept that this is when I die know keys work
cen anyone help?
again, it's after I die once

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2007-04-02 23:59:17

Hmmm, not sure- maybe a bug?

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2008-09-14 05:21:13

I like the Curb game and i don't know how to play the game. Can you give me any suggestions to how to play the game.
----------------------------------------
Gary Bristow

Used Cars

2008-09-16 19:15:45

If that happens try alt tabbing, you might be on the wrong window.

Alternately try insert plus Z in Jaws to turn off the virtual cursor and use the PC cursor instead. This is the only way to use the normal PC cursor, and if you have the virtual PC cursor on then Jaws uses the arrows to move through the web page instead of sending it to the game which you need.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-10-01 16:32:14

Actually I tried the curb game with a new computer I got, I got the sound but cursors didn't work. I wonder if it's something about the new version of Shockwave, something the game uses might have been changed or removed perhaps?

This may or may not affect computers which previously had the old version of shockwave installed if this is the case, it may be like the DirectX situation where Vista has some of the files for older versions missing.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-11-11 06:04:59

Hi Everyone!
   This is Crispin!
Im new in this site!
Alternately try insert plus Z in Jaws to turn off the virtual cursor and use the PC cursor instead. This is the only way to use the normal PC cursor, and if you have the virtual PC cursor on then Jaws uses the arrows to move through the web page instead of sending it to the game which you need.
Keep on posting guys!
Thanks!
   Good Luck!

Wii Controllers

2009-11-11 09:41:19

That is in fact something I had tried when I had issues with the new computer. Might try it again some time though just to see if it was an anomoly with my system at the time.

Welcome to the forum.

cx2
-----

2009-11-16 13:07:11

I would like to know how to play the game. Can anyone  give me suggestions?
backgammon tutore online

2009-11-16 13:43:56

*pokes Cutecub00*

Sorry, but we've been getting some fairly ambiguous spambots of late. Both your posts today were fairly generic, and combined with your signature I've a concern that you might or might not be a spambot. If you're not then please reply to ease my concerns, and I'll be happy to leave you alone.

cx2
-----

2010-11-17 09:29:20

How to switch off screenreaders when downloading club game ?

2011-01-25 10:15:45 (edited by MMORPGBOB 2011-01-25 10:18:30)

This is my first time playing the curb game because I play most the MMORPGs and RPG Online Games. Can you share you idea for playing this game?thanks!

2011-06-06 21:55:29

Hi, to play you have to unload your screne reader when you get to the game and then when it tells you to press a key do that. After that you'll hear a car coming past. When it's gone past press up arrow and hold it until you hear a sound that sounds like a chime. After that you just carry on until you either win the game or get squashed [smiles]. HTH,
Lauren

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-01 07:23:53

Hi,
The best thing to do is to either try to memorise the url or copy it into a notepad file and then copy it to the clipboard. Then you can turn off jaws, launch internet explorer, press alt+d to set focus to the address bar, and type or paste in the address. With this you can ensure that the game runs fine. Note that a hotkey is recommended for this. Alt+control+i is preferred. Anyway, the address is below.
http://gluid.com/games/thecurbgame/gamesmall.php
best regards,
Jack