2011-08-11 22:19:11

Every time I run mozilla firefox 4 or 5 on my windows XP PC it crashes every time pretty much instantly.  Anyone have any idea's?

2011-08-12 00:42:54

Hey,
this is just a thought but because u have an old computer well xp it might not be able to run updated softwhere like mazilla 5.
HTH,
Lauren.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-12 00:50:34

Nope running it here fine right now, and he also said 4. Microsoft have stopped supporting XP but there are so many XP machines out there that other companies are still more than happy to do so for the time being. Microsoft just want to nudge you to getting the newer version.

Maybe it's another piece of software conflicting with Firefox, though I wouldn't have a clue what.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-08-12 07:16:27

I have both window eyes and Jaws on my PC but I doubt its either of them.

2011-08-12 12:34:21

running firefox fine in windows xp.

This is not a signature.

2011-08-12 12:38:47

well i'm using jaws and I don't know weather it's windowise. I doubt it though, it shouldn't do that.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-12 16:58:23

A software conflict could be anything running on your system, not just things you're actively using. There's lots of software running in the background you might never notice, the stuff in the system tray is just the tip of the iceberg but it's a good place to start looking. It might even be your drivers for your computer that's causing the issue in theory, that's not common but also not unheard of.

Just to check, you do have service pack 3 installed for XP don't you?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-08-12 17:55:53

yeah I do and I try to keep all things up to date.