2011-07-25 00:05:20

It is becoming time for clases for me and I'm going to have to come up with a good access to linux. The instructor suggested that I use emax speak. I know that I can use speakup threw the concel of linux. I have to some degree gotten use to using the command line of linux in my CS1 class, but I was using it threw putty. those of us who used putty know how bad it can be with jaws at times. For some reason JAWS wasn't tracking the pc cursor right in putty, yes the errow keys are passed to the host computer, and we all know how bad it is when editing a doc in that way. So I want to get emaxspeak in to my vinux vm to play with? any Ideas?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-07-25 15:23:04

Hi,

To my knowledge, emacspeak is built-in to the latest vinux images. Have you tried typing emacspeak in a terminal? Also, theres a good beginner how to on the vinux docs wiki thing

2011-07-26 00:23:34

The latest version of vinux I have is 3.1 and I am at my grand parrents house right now and they are on whild blue wich has a really low data cap. So if I download vinux 3.2, I better be shure it has what I need. From what I saw on the site, it has orca and speakup. I didn't see anyware on the site talking about emacspeak being preinstalled. I think I have the usb adition of vinux 3.0 lying around, so I could try booting to that and see.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-07-26 02:28:24

Hi there,

As i said, i think hey are already in there. If not, you can always install it later.  Just ask on vinux-support they should be able to point you in the right dirction. To my knowledge a simple apt-get install emacspeak might already work.