2011-07-24 11:34:09

Hi,
I know this topic seams a little odd smile but i thought i'd post it since it is the off topic room lol.
Well, my headphones died on me this morning and I need some new ones. I was wondering what headphones everyone thought are the best?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-24 13:06:09

Hi,
I think get a stereo headphone.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-07-24 14:42:28

hey
any of the px range by seniser would do you very well.
i have the px200's, and  there's a slightly cheaper one, px100, and a slightly better one, px202's,
of course it all depends on how much you want to spend!
personally, these headphones are fantastic, they fit into a small case, you can fold them up, very  nice to ware, and fit nicely over the ear.

2011-07-24 15:05:51

Burak, suggesting stereo headphones is like suggesting someone buy a car with wheels. Of course he wants stereo headphones. Please don't insult people's intelligence by posting such ridiculously obvious suggestions.

I had a set of headphones break on me and money was tight so I've ended up with a cheap plantronics gaming headset. Do not buy gaming headsets from Plantronics, they implied it was military grade design but the build quality is decidedly average.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-07-24 15:30:02

Hi,
Robla, how much do the px200's cost? Thanks.
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-24 21:21:13

I use some headphones by Toxic. I don't know what the exact name for them is, but they are pretty cheap. They only cost about 25 USD. They have pretty good base, and you can adjust them comfortably on your head and ears.
Hope this helps.

2011-07-25 11:30:52

thanks caigoku smile

2011-07-25 11:43:50

Hi Loren.

I have two sets of headphones for different things.

There are my rather monstrous, Sanheisar ones, I believe the px 300's. They cost close to 200 pounds, have a huge cable and are not the most portable.

However, the sound quality is frankly amazing, pluss you get what you pay for. my last pair of similarly expensive sanheisars lasted literally eleven years, and even now they are stil fairly useable sinse it's only the frame that has broken (though I did replace them last year).

Obviously though, I don't carry those around.

For my laptop, I have a set of sanheisar earbuds (the type that fit into your ears with small rubber inserts). These cost 30 pounds, a and are thus far cheaper to carry, and also are very small indeed.

sound quality, while not up to my major ones, is certainly better than most headphones, and more than sufficient for my laptop.

I've also found earbuds last a long time, a good three or four years, provided you take care of them. This is my second pair, my first pair I had for four years and took everywhere, and they only stopped working because I lost the small tobacco tin I keep them in which is great for stopping them getting crushed or damaged.

for makes yes, Sanheisar is good, sinse their stuff has an equal trebble or base range, and doesn't overdo one set or other.

Morritz however have had some good models out too.

if your serious about headphones though, I'd very much advise going into a local hi fi shop, and trying out everything with a cd you know, sinse this is really the only way to test out wht you want.

i did this with my headphones and! with each separate component, cd player, tape deck, speakers, radio tuner, of my sterro system which again I have had for ten years and stil am very pleased with.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-07-25 13:04:18

lol Dark,
I'll try that. Thanks so much smile
Best regards,

2011-07-25 13:14:43

Hay lorren, I just noticed you have filled in your location and are also in the Uk (in fact in the town where I was born).

In that case, i'd recommend forum hifi for your headphones. They let you try out in the shop, offer great support, and indeed if your like my brother and buy a hole system from them will come and set it up.

I believe they have shops in a lot of places, certainly newcastle and Nottingham both have one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-07-26 08:20:26

Slightly off topic but if anyone uses any relatively recent Apple products the headset designed for the iPhone is pretty decent. Sound quality is fairly good for in-ear phones, though the volume control only works if you're using it with a compatible Apple product. That is the big thing that struck me though, as well as the volume buttons and microphone the remote button also works with my roughly 1 and a half year old MacBook Pro. They seem to work fine as normal earphones in most other devices which is very useful as well, 3.5mm connection obviously, but when you plug it into anything Apple-made from the last couple years or so you can pause and resume background audio without even touching the computer.

Just one of those things that you only realise if you happen to try it, but which is very useful if you are in that position..

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-07-26 10:32:27

I've always been a bit suspicious of the quality of computer specific stuff like usb headsets, that's why when I tried skype out myself I bought a streight usb mike and used my speakers for voice instead, it'd be interesting if Aple actually bucked the trend and had some computer specific earphones that sound decent.

2011-07-26 11:39:31

Yeah the Apple headphones are great, but their in-ear headphones suck! Sorry, they are not worth the money and doesn't offer the deep bass which is mentioned on Apples website.
However, Bose have made some totally awesome in-ear headphones which have the same remote controller for the apple products.  Theyare expensive but really worth the money. a friend of mine have it and I think I'll buy these too. They are amazing!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-07-26 13:23:31

I hate in ear headphones, they hurt my ears even when the volume is low.

2011-07-26 13:52:28

Yeah thy normally do, but the headphones made by Bose are not like the other once.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-07-26 14:59:28

Some people just don't get along with in-ear phones, that's just personal preference as well as ear shape.

I'm not saying the Apple in-ear phones are the best out there or anything, not even saying they're especially great for music, but they're more than adequate and better than the usual £10 jobs you pick up off the high street. The sheer convenience of having one set you can use as a phone headset, Mac headset or generic earphones combined with the remote buttons make them worth it for me personally.

cx2
-----

2011-07-26 15:00:11

I'm not sure on the difference betwene inner ear headphones and earbuds, sinse earbuds like my sanheisar ones do stick rght in your ear, but are not the least painful owing to some very good pads.

the sound as I've saidis also really great.

2011-07-26 17:32:23

Dark, I said in-ear not inner ear. As in they go *in* your ear rather than over or around your ear.

cx2
-----