2006-03-16 09:22:04

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions I have reguarding top speed 2?

Firstly, what are the major differences betwene the defalt vehicles? some of them I just don't find to be that distinct (other than sounding different), and there don't seem to be any files in the programme that might show there statistics for speed or whatever.

then, just to check, all those extra tracks and things that people have created, I just need to download them to the appropriate folder of Topspeed to get them to work ----- there's no need to run or activate or anything?

Lastly, I remember seeing a topic where Robjoy suggested creating a programme to help in making cars and tracks.
good idea, I'll look forward to using it when it gets done.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-16 11:09:30

Hello,
At first, the differences between the vehicles. Hmm, i suggest you to experiment a bit, but i can tell you that the quatro is the fastest, but a bit unstable when you would like to turn.
However, there are faster vehicles than quatro, the motor cycles, but they are extremely hard to controll, even in an easy turn.
About the others, i think the minni is not so fast, but it is the most stable, when you have to turn, so if you racing on a tracki, which is full of curves, then i recommend you this, because your opponents wont be able to follow you (generally).
Secondly, you have o copy the downloaded cars to the vehicles folder, and the downloaded tracks to the track folder. Make sure that it wont put the files in a folder, for example vehicles\borg, because the vehicles and the tracks are zipped inside a folder.
And finaly, i promised i wil write a car/track reator, but i really dont have time to do it (at least for now)
However, it is not so difficult to write one in notepad.

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-16 14:05:31

the quatro is the fastest yes, and it turns quite good, its not as stable as the minni but it's much better then the blackbird or firefox. it also brakes very fast. minni is slow and can turn pretty nice. firefox doesn't turn that well, but it's slightly faster then the blackbird which, turns a bit better, but is slightly slower then firefox. and no, motorcycles are not faster then quattro. and they turn really bad, but an easy track should get you like second when there's only one quattro. you can test the different cars out by typing 0 0 500000 in a text file, new line, -1, and call it advSpeedtest.trk for one round, and just speedtest.trk for a normal track. i tried it and i found out that the minni always comes last when it is about a speed test with no curves.

2006-03-16 17:40:31

Thanks, I'd come to the conclusion that the motorbikes weren't exactly the most stable things in the world, but other than that I wasn't certain.
I'll have fun with some of those cars and tracks people have created.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-03-18 13:59:57 (edited by arjan 2006-03-18 14:01:12)

i wonder if it would be possible to let computers choose your downloaded/created cars. that would be nice if you had a headake computer player smile noone will beat them unless you create a car with top speed a million of course smile

2006-03-19 15:59:26

I made a car that I didn't post that had speed of 1 million. It really sucked because it was too fast. I redid it and now it has 1 million for excelleration, 1 million for decelleration, 1000 for turning, and 35000 for topspeed. It's pretty good.

2006-03-19 16:55:50

haha. i created a silver spaceship car which has only one gear and the pitch keeps going up. it's like you fly higher and higher lol. and i created a dectalk car.