2011-07-11 07:18:50

Meet, bread, vegetables, and barrels of fine whine are key ingredients to this masterpiece that our very own Aprone is cookin  for us today.  So what is it, you ask?  Splendid burgers with whine on the side?  A savory stew witha loaf of bread for extra edibles? 

The truth is, all of these are needed for survival, a survival  you must plan for if you wish to ever leave the new prison Aprone is going to virtually plant in your harddrives, a prison full of little nasty surprises that will take over every bit of space left to you when you least expect it.  they advance ever so slowly, planting a dreadful seed of doom as they march along in their quest to abolish you and every trace of your existence, along with anyone else who is with you.

Yes, a prison!  That's what's a-cookin in that kitchen, and it reeks of menace and terror!  This time, the prison is not a dome full of cute little mice and loveable kittens eating little bugs, or turtles hunting minnows and trout and goodness knows what other fish that live in ponds and streams with possible kayman and pirana lurking in deep waters, but worse; much worse, for this prison is massive.  this prison is vast and full of the unknown, until you've ventured through it.  This prison, is in the form of a very complex landmass; shall we call it a contenent?  Why not, there's water, forests, stony fields, metals, minerals, and more to be collected, harvested, produced, and put together, as well as hunted, cooked, stored, and... And always, always the threat of warfare hangs in the air, for the natives on this land don't like you, and they move ever closer, drawing ever nearer...

But here I must leave you all, for silence is golden, and so is this game.  There is no doubt in my mind that when Aprone finally reveals its entire scope to the world of audio games, you will find this a title worth keeping around.  One more thing I will promise, however,  no one strategy will prove to be a solution in this one, and if you ever wish to master it, you will play again and again.

and peeps, I've only touched the beginning.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2011-07-11 08:16:09

Whatever this is, it sounds promising.

2011-07-11 08:18:17

waw!
another aprone's game!
this is gonna be a nice game!
keep creating good audiogames!

This is not a signature.

2011-07-11 08:45:47

Hmm, sounds interesting. Can't wait for more information.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-07-11 13:17:05

Looks cool. Can't wait.

2011-07-11 13:33:35

Remembering all the discussions of the world of daytona idea and mixing things up with war, gathering and hunting and making different spells I believe I can hazard at least some guess as to what this is, ---- though knowing Aprone I could well be wrong and it could be something entirely different.

Well the discussions we had sounded awsome, and if it's not that it'll probably be awsome anyway, so eitherway awsomeness seems inescapable ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-07-11 13:49:38

Odd; why isn't Aprone announcing this himself?

2011-07-11 14:11:31

He's probably not announcing it quite yet because he always wants to get something playable out before officially announcing a title, it seems. That's what makes him so surprising, and his titles are very offten awsomeness in terms of concept and new ideas.

2011-07-11 16:49:32

Lol, interesting post.  I was about half way through it before I figured out that it was about my new game, hehe.  I, once again, got side tracked onto a weekend project, and during a skype conversation when Nocturnus told me he was bored, I let him be the first to give the game a try.  It seems that Nocturnus wanted to be especially mysterious with the way he worded his post, probably to keep everyone guessing.  Don't worry though, I told him it was alright to post about the game, so long as he wasn't handing out the game to people, lol.

Dark should be correct, but sadly he is not.  The Daytona multiplayer game is still on my list of things to finish, but this is a different game.  Boy, my list of games I need to complete is getting quite long and overwhelming, haha!  You'd think I would take that as a hint, and stop getting myself side tracked with new things.  From what I can tell, there isn't a side tracked developers anonymous program.  A place where, easily side tracked, game developers, sit in a circle and talk about their problems.  Haha!  big_smile

I'm still polishing up the game, but as Nocturnus alluded to, the game is already playable and quite complex.  It wouldn't be fair to truly compare it to Sound RTS, because they aren't exactly the same kind of game, but it is in the same family.  Interestingly enough, the game is also in the same family as Lunimals.  That part is harder to explain, and I had to actually have Nocturnus play the game before he understood it himself, but it's true.

The game has 22 types of units, 17 types of buildings, and you have to manage 17 different resources.  I'd estimate I'm about 95% ready to post the first beta of the game.  I still have to add a few things to the role playing aspects of the game, I have 1 more building to code, and I want to add in more sound effects.  Hopefully the official beta release will be soon!

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-07-11 17:04:48

hi,
if you have time, do a recording to it so that people understand what your game like's. I don't telling to do this rite now, but this is a idea.

This is not a signature.

2011-07-11 17:11:46

dhruv, that's an excellent idea.  This game is rather complicated, so a voice recording would probably be more helpful than just a read me file.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-07-11 17:17:51

Well. Considering I gave Sound RTS a few hours for a couple of days, I figure I should at least do the same thing for this one. And as for SFX, as soon as you've got something to work with, you know where to find me.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2011-07-11 17:44:25

aprone, you're the best one!

i respect you, truely....
your ideas are the best, as same as your previous games which i played, actually i just did set up NVDA to play your games!

keep up the work man!

and cannot wait for this strategy game!

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2011-07-11 17:45:36

hi aprone,
I think a readme file is good too, although some people don't like listen recording. because, sometimes a recording give a cloo to the recording listener, and some people's don't like this!

This is not a signature.

2011-07-11 18:02:07

Sidetracked developers anonymous? I might attend. smile

Speaking of Aprone's side projects, I just set up joy2key so I can type in braille using a playstation controller. Unfortunately it bypasses NVDA, so my master plan of using only controllers to read and write posts has yet to come to fruition. Maybe it'll work with Jaws, though, in which case Aprone will have given me half of what I need to wage my war against keyboards... that... I had no idea I was waging until just now...

Slightly on topic... it sounds like a near-apocalyptic survival game, minus the zombies. smile. Knowing the rate these things come out, we'll probably know by the time I hit send...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-07-11 19:06:43

Hello everyone.
Sir  I must protest,I must protest ! against the torcher.... I have my exams comeing up,a little game play would be a break from all that studys which I've been doing? well.... yes .yes yes. it does sound right. grins. although jokeing aside,really most of your games are awsome so I know this one will be awsome too.nothing new which you've heard true.but that's just my opinion. in the way in which Nocturnus described it, I can't  wait for it.
BTW a little offtopic but I've been just wondering,how are the sounds for tempral comeing along?
thanks for all the work that you keep up,dude.Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-07-11 19:52:20

Well, aproan seems too know when I'm bored because he always manages to cook something up when I'm bored. All your other games are awesome, so I doubt this one won't be, though it'll probably be so   complicated my head will explode and someone will have to clean my remains with who knows what.
Anyway, good luck on this project game thing and I'll have to try it out as soon as it is released.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2011-07-11 22:34:42

So, not world of daytona, ---- aprone that was mean! two games with similar description.

this one actually does sound uba complex with number of units, building and resources, though that isn't a bad thing at all, however I do think Druhv's thought about recordings is a good one.

the Lunimals recordings were certainly helpful to me.

the only problem I can see with sidetrackers anonymous, is that a meeting would probably go like this.

"okay, lets put the chairs in a circle"
"But why a circle? Afterall chairs do not have perfectly angled curviture so they wouldn't form a circle, maybe a square would be better?"
"no, because the surface area of each chair is not precisely angled enough, we'd have sticking out corners. I suggest we exactly measure each chair and determine the optimum shape needed for space requirements"
"Very well, now what unit of measruement shal we use?"
"Well I've got a ruler?"
"ruler pah! that has no baring on the actual atomic structure of the chairs whatsoever. What we need is a precise measurement of each chairs mass and the spacial/temperal coordinates it ocupies"
"Well hmmm, that's tricky. We'll need some sort of radiation measurement device to precisely track atoms, in a fairly short wavelength too"
"Atoms? ---- what about subatomic particals, I'm not having our chairs be out of line because there are a coupple of quarks in the wrong place"
"But quarks move at the speed of light, there's no way they can be in the wrong place their technically in all places, ---- and besides, observing them means we don't know where they are"
"Well in that case we'll need to stop the buggers moving. For that we'll ned something that can stop time, ---- now where's my temporal engeneering kit!"
"here it is! however I don't like your time Stablizer, looks a bit damaged, we'd better go find a more useable black hole"
"find? ---- why find when we can make our own. Now where did I put that sigularity adjuster"
"Hmmm, wouldn't it be great if black holes were portable? ---- perhaps creating a zone of null time around one will do?"
"good thought, ---- now why is the null time generator smoking like thaaaaaaaaa"

And the universe comes to a complete stop! ;D.

yes, i freely admit I borrowed a lot of ideas from Dr. who.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-07-12 00:47:14

Lol Dark!  That sounds about right!
Everyone, check out this thread.  I've posted the game!
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 208#p59208

Added:

I almost forgot to say, thanks everyone.  I never feel unappreciated around you guys, lol!

- Aprone
Aprone's software