2006-03-12 13:19:25

Hi.
Well, today I was thinking of installing a p2p music sharing program. What programs do you use, if you use any? I tried with EMule, but I think it goes too slow, I mean, it doesn't find much things, because I dont have a good server list. What do you guys use?
Bye, and thanks

2006-03-12 13:38:14

I use soulseek.
You can find it at
www.slsknet.org

2006-03-14 07:27:02

Meh. I don't use File Sharing programs. I use web sites.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-03-14 15:02:29

Just the usual note of caution:
Make sure your antivirus software is as up to date as humanly possible, and that you have a firewall set up on the computer in question... even if you're behind a router in my opinion. I used to use Sygate personal firewall, butit's been discontinued because they were bought by Symantec. Shame, it had some pretty accessible options, was effective, and was free.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-03-16 17:37:34

cx2, i'm still using it and it's still as good as before... isn't it?

2006-03-16 18:18:27

I just meant Sygate firewall, assuming that's what you mean, is no longer available from their web site and there will obviously be no further updates.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-03-17 11:12:07

heh assault_freak, that is a pretty "stupid" thing, where can you download movies, music, games, books, and much more from websites?
There are also warez sites around, but they are sooner or later will be deleted, since it is not good for the web-space provider, and if they catch them, they may have to pay for illegal materials on their servers.
Personally, i recommend dc++, you will find thousands of modified dc++ clients if you search around, and it is good if you want to search and download old things (like 90's movies, etc.)
If you would like to get new things after they come out, then use torrent (the most accessible torrent client is BitLord).
About the firewalls, i used Sigate P. Firewall, but i found a better one, it is called black ice.
It is not free, but i am sure you will find a way to make it free (not only cracks)

All right, i think we're going off-topic, and i personally wont surprised if richard closes this topic (mainly because my post), but i will delete it, if it is a problem.

Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-03-17 14:18:35

I'd just point out that kmost web hosts have a disclaimer saying they aren't responsible for content users place on their servers, and agreeing not to put up illegal material is also part of the agreement you accpt when you sign up with them. They are legally obliged to provide the police with the site owner's personal details though, so they'll be knocking on his/her door instead with a hefty fine and/or prison sentence.

cx2
-----

2006-03-30 22:46:14

is soulseek, accessible?

2006-03-31 05:13:18

If you can find decent torrents I suggest using AnalogX BitPump (from the people who brought you that interesting synthesizer and that totaly awesome TextScan) at analogx.com.  It's fast and very accessible much like most of his programs.

James

2006-04-01 22:38:01

Won't deny bit torrent is a good system. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have the Mortal Kombat movies on my pc right now. But the top sight for music, in my opinion is mp3000.net.

Discord: clemchowder633