2011-06-09 23:23:42

Hi everyone,
I have audacity on my computer and was just wondering if you can change it from mono to sterio. Any help would be apreciated,
Lauren

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-10 09:20:38 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-06-10 09:24:34)

I'm pretty sure you can. I don't remember where, but I remember coming across options to convert a track from mono to stereo.

Unless you mean recording in stereo, in which case that has more to do with your input device than audacity. (unfortunately putting two microphones in a splitter doesn't accomplish this. sad )

[edit] Hmm, in the track menu there's an option to convert a stereo track to mono, but not the other way around. There is the option to add a stereo track, though. I have to imagine inserting a mono file into a stereo track might accomplish converting, but I'm not sure.
I know converting channels in wavepad is much more straightforward (there's a convert channels option in the file menu). Unfortunately wavepad tends to scramble the first half second or so of the audio in the process (and sometimes wrecks the whole thing--I've gotten to where I always copy a clip to the clipboard before changing the channels / sample rate because of how often wavepad corrupts the results).
[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-10 21:42:45

Hi,
Open your stereo mix from voice settings from windows.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-06-11 12:53:39

hi everyone,
Thanks for your help. I'll try things and see if they work.
Best regards lauren

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-11 22:15:41

i've managed to make a sterio track. Thanks for ur help everyone