2011-05-24 13:34:05

hey everyone.some years ago i said i was going to translate a yugioh game to englishusing my vipmud scripting skills.however it did not happen for various reasons. it's really hard totranslate a program using only scripts.some things just weren't working properly at all.but now the main developer sent an email to me 10 minuts ago saying thatthe beta version of the yugioh translation is complete, even the manualexplaining how to play, everything!!!you know what's the best? it's a online game, and we have no game that'ssimilar to this one. if you ever watched yugioh you will know what imean. we have lots of cardgames like solitaire, spades, poker,blackjack, no thanks. i'm not interested in it, it's quite nice to playsometimes, but i want something much more advanced and moreentertaining.in this game you have a deck of cards and should add monsters, spellsand traps to it. in total there are more than 300 cards, so thecombinations are unlimited. no game is going to be  the same.i'm playing it for years and it's still a lot of fun to play.you will even be able to play with sighted peoples and peoples frombrazil, since the game is running in the same room.to make it work, do the following:be warned that the first part to connect is in portuguese.point your favorite telnet client tointervox.nce.ufrj.brport 1963when you're connected it will ask you to press enter. just do so andsome more messages will come, saying the number of peoples connected inthe chatroom. we're not interested in this information, ignore italtogether and type -cartas remember to include the

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-24 13:45:43

Hello.
When I try to connect to tointervox.nce.ufrj through VIP mud,I get a error of some sort.
I used to watch ugio uh uh I know that I haven't spelled it right,but alas. on the tv,I even had dule masters cards and I put them in my brailler and just wrote the name of the monsters. and after that it was just a matter of remembering what abilitys one or the other creature had. I still have them lying around somewhere...

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-05-24 14:53:20

Where do I find the manual to play the game? I can connect to the telnet. The address is intervox.nce.ufrj.br port 1963, the problem was there were some missing spaces.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2011-05-24 16:52:38

Aaaaaah about time someone created something like this! Though I must say I'm a complete stranger to this kind of game, so the one thing I don't understand is, what is a telnet client?
Also,I'm curious. What set of rules does the game use? The original rules established in the show before battle city? Or Kyba's Battle City tournament rules? As in, sacrificing stronger monsters to summon stronger ones and such.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2011-05-24 19:20:58

Hello.
a telnet client is a mud client to make it short. like vip mud. you do have a defalt in windows as well,but its not as good.so you can use vip mud,g mud mush whatever flotes your boat.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-05-24 19:37:37

Hi,
How do i turn the game into english?
is that posible?
or is it all in porchagese?
I reallly like games like this so any help would be great!
Thanks for reading,
brad.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-05-24 21:24:15

hi everyone. yes, there's a way to turn the game into english, once you type -cartas
and then your name, that is when you're connected you just have to type
eng1, then it will work.
there's a bug, the manual isn't working for now, but i've talked to the developer and it should
be fixed soon

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-24 21:31:45

hi locutus, sorry. forgot to answer your questions.
the rules and cards used in the game some of then are original and some aren't
the game is not even called yugioh, it's just called "cards" to avoid copyrights.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-24 21:56:19

Hi,
Thanks for the help.
everthing works now apart from the manual.
there is only one problem,
How do you check if anyone is playing?
i rite p for play but it says enter an aponences nickname but i can't find a way to find someone online.
Could someone help?
thanks.
brad

I'm gone for real :)

2011-05-24 22:09:46

hi. just type w to watch who's playing, if there's no one, you could private message
them in the chatroom, but be warned, most of the peoples that login are from brazil,
so they don't know english.
to pm someone just use /(slash) and theyr nick and message, example:
/drg hi man
you could then ask them to play with you, so you type p and theyr name and wait.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-25 00:49:26 (edited by harrylst 2011-05-25 00:53:25)

How do I access the portuguese manual? And how do I talk to the other players?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2011-05-25 05:05:35

So, question. After typing -cartas, what do I do? I translated the text that it shows and it says something about entering my name, but when I do, the connection is closed. Is there a certain way I have to type in my name or something?

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2011-05-25 13:45:47

hi locutus.
some of the names are already registered and some of then aren't alowed to use
i don't know why though. when they are registered, you can simple type /(slash) and try a
different one, i think that locutus is ok to use(not registered)
but anyway. the manual is now translated and working in the game,
but for those interested i'll send the dropbox link here so you all can understand
how the game works before connecting.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1695866/yugioh.txt
enjoy

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-26 02:57:14

hi all, for those of you that haven't tried the game yet, i highly recommend it, i'm constantly
contacting the developer to fix the bugs and it's completely playable, infact today i just
played a few matches against robjoy aka erion, pitermach and locutus.
this is a totaly new genre of game for us and the first in it's category.
don't let the portuguese part affect you, i'll send the instructions again on my
next post.
tomorrow i think i'll post a log of a game that i'll be playing, just for you guys to see how
fun it is.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-26 03:02:15

instructions: 1. connect with your telnet client to the address:
intervox.nce.ufrj.br port 1963. once you're connected, press enter.
now a bunch of messages in portuguese will come up.
1. type -cartas(this will direct you to the room that the game is running)
2. type your username. type something simple.
3. once you're in the room, type -
4. type eng1, and the game will be completely in english, the manual is available in the game
now.
5. to see who's in the room, type ?quem
6. to send a pvt(private message) to someone, type
/(slash) username message. ex: /drg hi man
during a game you can talk using the f message, for example: f hi
to enable the option that allows those that are watching to speak during a game press f1, and
to disable it press f0.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-05-26 03:53:27

As someone that just played the game, I have a few suggestions for you to pass on to the developer. For one thing, while the game manual explains the rules of the card game itself, it does not explain how to navigate within the mud. Sure, the instructions are built in once you get connected, but I still think that including them in the manual will be helpful, particularly as it relates to building your deck, for instance. Another suggestion that I highly recommend, if possible, is the creation of training bots. Particularly seeing as in order to save a deck, one is required to duel someone else, which might be awkward considering the language barrier or if there simply isn't anyone to duel.
In such cases, it would be great if one can choose to duel a computer opponent. I don't know if this is either possible or practical, but I personally think it'll improve the overall experience considerably.
In general though, I'm thrilled to have this game available at last. I loved duel monsters when I was younger; I remember I took a bunch of ordinary playing cards and brailled up all sorts of monsters and magic and trap cards, some from the official game, a great deal from my own imagination. Ah the fun times I had dueling with myself... And this game is about dueling others. Far, far better.
Anyways, I'll quit rambling about it now. Hope the suggestions are useful.
All the best, Albano.

2011-05-27 07:12:14

I'm having a blast with this game. I love the strategy and the ability to watch games in progress. I especially like the ability to build custom decks. I hope more people will give it a try. It's a challenging game with a nice chat system for making friends too.

2011-05-28 14:59:58

hi all
wehr i can found dis game?
thanks

2011-06-02 20:50:58

hi
how i can  coonectid in the  dis game?

2011-08-07 20:41:38

Hi,

I just found this game and it's pretty good. but can someone please tell me, how to create my own deck? I tried the option in the game. But it seems that there are no cards to add.

Can you please tell me, how to do it?

2011-08-08 18:34:59

wait so what do I use to connect to this?
and is the whole thing in english?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-08-08 19:04:25 (edited by death 2011-08-08 19:12:37)

look at post 15 or so, it should give you all the instructions you need:)
btw i''m kylar on there if anyone wants to play, even though i've not exactly played yet lol

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2011-08-09 00:51:11

okay newbie question, what's a telnet client and where can I find an easy to use one?

2011-08-09 16:21:44

@Bladestorm60:
Thanks. I think, i have seen you there. I am Dairu there. Do you know, how to add bots, for a game. I read, that it is possible, but I didn't figure out how to do it.

@dd:
A telnet client is a program, with which you can play muds with. Muds are text-based online games in the style of a good old textadventure. As clients you can use for example Vipmud from GMAGames or (what I am using) mushclient. Mushclient is for free, and you can easily find it via google.

2011-08-09 16:46:35

so telnet is basically a mud, okay
anyone know a list of outside game commands?
like how to see the list of connected players, how to talk to people, etc?
and is the game not working for anyone else?