2011-05-08 11:28:11

My computer recently got back from IT, and since then firefox has been having a very hard time if I try to download anything.

So, I tried to download NVDA in IE, but when it finished, I got an error trying to extract.

I wonder if Firefox isn't confused about how antivirus stuff has changed, but I can't find any settings that control that.
And the problem might be with the file or how my computer reacts to it and not the browsers.
Help?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-08 15:07:54

My guess is that the problem was with the file and not your browsers.  Are you having trouble downloading all files or just the NVDA program?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-05-08 16:11:12

If you have norton internet security, it will randomly delete unknown files when you click on the file. I know because i tried to run a PS2 emulater. When i clicked on the .exe file, it vanished.

2011-05-08 19:45:18

Hi,
Are you sure you are download it from
nvda-project.org?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-05-08 22:31:13

It happens with just about anything I try to download (It took me several tries to get the latest version of Daytona a couple days ago). This only started happening after IT dealt with the virus problem.
They installed Microsoft Security Essentials, which seems to involve a suite of anti-malware tasks... maybe one of those is clashing with something the browser is doing?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-08 22:55:34

CAE_Jones, that seems like a good guess to me.  Maybe try to disable the security suite during your file download, just to see if that is, in fact, the issue.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-05-09 01:35:01

While i like anti virus stuf, it seems to be really annoying when it incounters unknown files that you know yourself that the file is fine.

2011-05-09 01:37:20

That is precisely another reason I like Avast over some of the other anti-virus titles.  I rarely ever encounter any false positives while using it.  If not for its occasional definition updates, I wouldn't even remember I had it on my system.

- Aprone
Aprone's software