2011-05-07 23:38:50

Hullo gamers,

I was reading up on the sryth game and saw a lot of negative feedback about it during the last months of 2010. I was wondering a couple of things and was hoping people here could provide me with simple answers:
1. Is it , according to you guys, currently worth it and wise to subscribe to sryth's AG if you have not previously done so?
2. When you want to donate for donation items, how much money are we talking exactly?
3. How playable is the game for non-donators? That means, how much of the content, aproximate percentage is enough, can be played without donation items ? What is feasable?

Thanks a lot,
Balliol

2011-05-08 02:19:57

I personally tink it's well worth subscribing. I've been a subscriber for six years and will more than likely continue to do so. As for donating that's entirely up to you. THe minimum donation is ten dollars which would earn you sixteen Adventurer TOkens. I'd say most or all of the content is doable without donating (in fact I've known several people to have done this). Is it hard? Yes. But it's possible. I myself have donated quite a lot over theyears but only because I want to see the game continue to succeed. The Adventurer TOkens I've earned and spent as a result were something in the nature of an added bonus.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2011-05-08 16:53:08

i really should get back into that game again, to be honest i forgot i subscribed.  one problem though, those skellitons at first are amazingly hard to beat and i spent about 10 minutes rerolling...

2011-05-08 19:48:53

Which skeletons?

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2011-05-08 21:17:50

the ones in the starting sinarios, i went for that one due to the reward you can get, meaning i wouldn't have to go searching for all the magic group

2011-05-12 05:09:28

Personally, I've not played Sryth seriously in months. All the focus appears to be on a single scenario which only unlocks one level at a time, and judging by the bits I've read about it, is just forty levels of random and rather annoying puzzles...in other words, repetitive to a fault. There are a ton of good things about Sryth, but of late I feel as if the GM is getting locked on one thing and finishing it, regardless of all the others we've been promised. Hell, it's been, what, a year and a half since the Tome of Attainment was mentioned and we still can't touch it? If I recall correctly, about a year ago he was saying it was coming soon, and then nothing happened.

I also think that with all respect to the GM, he's really focused heavily on those people who have over 200MR, which you simply won't do unless your an adventurer's guild subscriber. The game is becoming more about who can have 200+ MR and SP and who can top the leaderboards than anything...it's declining sadly, in my eyes. When my subscription runs out, I may renew it, but I may not.

To answer honestly, if you are not going to subscribe as AG, you're going to miss out on at least half of the worthwhile content, maybe more. Also, I daresay $10 for 16 adventurer tokens is p pretty harsh, considering how much some of Tallys's gear costs. If AT were cheaper by a good bit, the game might be a little more accessible in that light, but even still, if you don't donate, you probably haven't a chance against some of the later scenarios and will get annoyed grinding the seme repeatable scenario over and over again to make gold and exp.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2011-05-12 16:04:24

Ironically it's probably BECAUSE of those folks who have donated enough to have 2 and 300 MR that the GM had to amp up the difficulty. And while I was one of said folks the increased MR was more in the nature of a side effect in my case. I donated mainly because Sryth is the ONLY online RPG that's managed to consistently hold my interest in the nigh on seven years since I started playing it. As such I want to see it succeed as long as possible. But there are people who've donated far more than I ever have and it's probably thanks to them that things got more difficult. And while I can agree that ten dollars for sixteen tokens is a bit harsh it could have been a lot worse. And yes, I do agree about the Tome of Attainment, although there was some speculation when Rhaknar's Mad first went live that we were doing the TOme and it had just taken a different form. Admittedly I'm not sure I buy into that line of thinking. As for those "other things we were promised), there have been some fairly strong hints that when the Mad is said and done it's going to tie up quite a few of those loose ends. The Sword of Merzekk is one that's been hinted at on at least one occasion. So I wouldn't lose hope just yet. I do agree that the game isn't entirely fair to those who don't wish to subscribe or who can't at the moment what with the limitation on the number of free players who can log in and the deleting of accounts that are inactive for a certain time. On the one hand that second does make a certain amount of sense but sometimes things come up in real life. So while I don't agree with all your points I understand the reasoning behind them.

2011-05-12 16:50:45

When a game's difficulty curve is being tailored toward those who donate as opposed to those who do not, I think we have a problem. It means that Sryth's focus is becoming more and more on the paid player; with the number of paid accounts, I don't think the GM is starving for his pains here, though of course I might be wrong on that. Pretty sure he has a job doing other things, not just coding Sryth...so this probably isn't his (or even his family's) only or primary source of income. Point is, when donators give themselves godly stats, they are breaking the game for themselves; for a GM to then go and make the general game harder because of what ultimately ends up being the exception to the rule just leaves the majority with a choice: donate or die.

I will believe that the Mad is going to tie up loose ends when I see it. It's as simple as that. As with this blasted sword, it's far more difficulty than it's worth by the look of things, especially since there are other awesome weapons that require almost no challenge to get (Shimmering silver stuff, for instance, which can level up a few times, if I recall correctly). I'm not saying the game's bad, just that's rather  unforgiving.

If I could catch up in the Mad, now that a whole bunch of levels have been released, by completing them as fast as I wish, I might bother. As it is though, I don't really feel like having to play for over a month just to unlock something whose tangible rewards thus far are, while not awful, are nothing to really write home about. And even if the Mad does wrap up a lot of loose ends, I don't really know why it should...how could it, for instance, tie into Doomwall, or the familiars in the Adventurer Collective, or the tome of attainment itself? There are half a hundred other loose ends that probably wouldn't make sense to tie up this way either. I'm betting many of them are meaningless, in the end, unfortunately.

2011-05-12 18:43:04

That's not entirely true. By all accounts Sryth is, in fact, the GM's only source of income. And some of the game's main players have indeed mentioned this concern about the difficulty curve.

2011-05-12 19:03:37

With all due respect, if it is his only source of income then why are some updates so slow in coming? You'd think if he weren't working another job that kept him busy, he'd have plenty of time for Sryth...and I'm not saying his family and leisure don't count, but it stands to reason that if you want to use something as your only source of revenue, you have to devote enough time and effort to it to make it worthwhile...and the fact that updates seem to generally be getting slower makes me worry.

2011-07-31 14:27:00

Located on a picturesque Smoky Mountain ridge just a stone's throw from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is Gatlinburg Falls. is the premier gatlinburg falls cabin rental destination for your Smoky Mountain Vacation in Tennessee. These spectacular Gatlinburg cabins are packed full of amenities offering rustic elegance for all vacationers. Jetted shower spa, hot tub overlooking Mount Lecanto, heart shaped Jacuzzi tub, and fireplace for the ultimate in romance and relaxation.

2011-08-01 05:25:05

oh crap. spambots are getting more advanced

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-08-01 10:44:40

But to pick this thread at random? Crazy.