2011-05-15 20:08:05

Moderation!

Cid, Haiden was not counter attacking, merely expressing a difference of opinion and how things were as he saw it.

if you disagree, politely say why you disagree, and thus further the discussion.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-15 20:47:49

Interesting dark. Just curious, do you do any podcasting? I heard one you did a while back on a pack of gamebooks. Very funny yet informative. Do you have any others?

2011-05-16 13:58:35

Hi,
You mean anymore casting of the pods?
big_smile
I certainly can't answer that question, but I do know he did at least two or three more on BCT at one time or another; although I think the X-Hour one does not work anymore.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-16 15:51:56

Casting of the pods indeed. Maybe i'll check BCT.

2011-05-16 18:14:01

Hi Arq.

Well I've done a few castings of the pod, though don't generally get around to doing them regularly.

I'm not sure which are available where, so i've stuck them on sendspace for anyone interested.

first off, I did some reviews for blind cooltech.
Get the bg hearts review  here

Thee ffproject gamebooks review here,
And the x hour review here

I then recorded a review of Smugglers three which you can get here   though for some reason blind cool tech never posted it, stil Sander hosted it and I believe there's stil a link on the smugglers 3 entry (I've been meaning to do one for smugglers 4, but not got around to it yet).

Then, more recently, barry ellis from oneswitch games asked me to do to recordings for his electronic soop podcast sinse they were having a series on visual imparements and gaming. These were more to do with access and what was available than real reviews though.

I did One on complex audio games which you can get here Trying to show that not all audio games are space invaders clones and you can do more complex stuff.

And then I did One on low vision game access which you can get here

That's it thus far, though I do have plans to do more as and when I have some time, though game reviews are always a bit problematic sinse I have to use speakers, and some games I just can't play on speakers at all, even 2D side scrollers can be tricky as in fact you'll hear if you listen to the first Electronic soop podcast.

Oh, and rather amusingly, yes, this is another use for sendspace ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-05-16 18:49:41

Hi,
Thanks; I've actualyl been looking for your C-Hour one for awhile now.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-17 05:42:22

Hi.
About the sendspace confusion, if you aren't a max member,that is if you aren't paying for your sendspace use,your files are deleted after 30 days.and if you are a max member your files aren't deleted.that's what I understood from the FAQ's and the features anyways. And yeah. you can't use the download wizard to download things too,if you aren't a max.
Hope that clears up things.Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-05-17 15:40:50

Hmmm, I thought you could use the wizard anyway without being a max member, it was just that downloads would be faster if you were.

You do certainly need an account to run the wizard, but you can have a free account without being a max member.

2011-05-18 14:41:14

Hi Dark,
I got around to re-listening to your X-Hour casting of the pod, and my favorite part has to be the end; you can't eve rget too over-confident over those tanks: lol.
The "I obey, Cyber Leader" wasn't bad either; it definiteyl caught the...ah...personality of the synthesiser.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-05-18 17:11:18

I was actually thinking of the original cybermen there from doctor who, who certainly sound like the synth ;D.

I actually recorded that pretty late on and of course was playing on speakers, hence my murder by tank.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

2011-05-18 18:44:15

Hi,
Yes...it was enjoyable. I'll have to see what interesting things are in your Smugglers 3 review.

Best Regards,
Hayden