2006-02-12 14:42:10

ok this is off topic, but anyone have skype? because i do and love it.

2006-02-13 20:16:10

I have. You can find me under djicemaster. But I don't come online very often

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2006-02-14 08:22:18 (edited by arjan 2006-02-14 08:22:48)

i have skype as well. look for my skype name, the name is wuver1.
but aaron already havss me on skype contact list.

2006-02-14 09:42:52

Got Skype too. Name is: eternalgamer
Greetings,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-02-14 15:28:17

Although it is really cool to talk to each other using Skype, I would suggest to keep your skype name private, or send it by email to someone else. This forum is in a sense public, so be aware that anyone is able to call you! It's at your own responsibility...

2006-02-14 17:42:57 (edited by cx2 2006-02-14 17:43:35)

The warning is still valid, and it is only right that someone post it. He is basically warning you that audiogames.net isn't responsible for anything that might happen as a result, and telling him to shut up is downright rude and ignorant.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-14 20:09:11

agreed. i dont know sanderman's email so can't really ask him. unless he e-mails to me, but if i post my address here that'll be public... i dunno what to do!
but skype is cool, if you have a pc mike it's well worth it.

2006-02-14 22:43:22

I also agree with Sanderman.

Game Man

2006-02-14 23:28:05

This is not about me being wrong or right, or people agreeing with me or not. It is just a simple warning, concerning your own private information. Please feel free to post the private information you want at this forum. But know that certain private information (like credit card info, but also email addresses, skype addresses etc) on the public net can really work out the wrong way you intended. Up until thousands of spam messages (a friend of mine encountered this). The latest hack at audiogames only proved one thing: lots of sick people out on the net ready to make your life just a tiny bit less uncomplicated (wow, what a way of saying that, I am a guru indead smile).
As an admin I think it is my duty to at least tell you about it. You're all wise enough to do with it whatever you want.

Are you sure you want to be Skyped by Marcus H., the incredible human Cannibal in Ithaka?

All right, you're right, perhaps I should program some games instead with these phantasies. smile

My tip: remove the skype address later by editing the message.

2006-02-15 10:48:52

Sendermen wrote:

My tip: remove the skype address later by editing the message.

And hope it doesn't get added to Google's Cache ... wink

2006-02-15 14:53:25

if my skypename gets added to google's cash, i will uninstall the thing! lol! i dont think that'll happen though. luckily ihave not posted it.
talking of skype, it is just like msn. if you get on someone's nervs, they can block you. it does have advantages, though -- if you are blocked, it appears as if you dont even have the person on the contact list. cool, eh? clether. i for one don't get annoyed very offen, you will need to really, really, really annoy me to get blocked! and that is quite hard to do. with me, anyhow. lol.
kind regards,
aaron

2006-02-15 22:00:38 (edited by robjoy 2006-02-15 22:03:03)

Hmm, Aaron, what about ringing you all the day, without you able to hang up?
Yeah, sounds cool, rofl.
I am sure that after this thingy you will block me.
It is a crytical bug in skype, and i hope they'll fix it. I posted a mail to skype about it though.
(Taskmanager wont work, escape/call menu hang up wont work, so inpossible to hangup, and you can hear that nice ring-ring-ring sound (if you didnt turn it off of course))
At least we have a nice admin, who just warns us, and what is the answer? heh, no comment.
Best regards,
RJ
Always lookin' for the next skype victim, who says shut up to the Admin
LOL

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-16 07:52:58

hahaha! skype victim, lol!

2006-02-16 13:20:46

i have not been rung all day by you robjoy.

2006-02-16 15:42:38

Nope, i dont want that you block me.
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-16 16:16:15

well, everyone that posts his/her information here must has his/her own responsibility... anyone dought that? probably not! if anyone does, that's their problem... lol. anyway, i guess i wouldn't be annoyed by such responsible people, so my skype is: parham-d
regards

2006-02-16 20:40:32

Well I also have Skype. Feel free to add me! My Skypename is: robinkipp.

2006-02-17 19:27:59

well it seems no one is paying attention to those admin guys talking... lol.

2006-02-17 23:58:35

muahahahaha...

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-02-18 07:19:16

oh no spamming, please...

2006-02-18 15:08:47 (edited by Mike 2006-02-18 15:10:01)

You people! Why do you whine like ur 2 years old whenever you hear muehahahahaahha  and its not even that long! I don't care! Its not spam! If you do it for a long time and it makes your jaws freeze up the its spam. but a little muhahahah...Come on!

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-18 18:55:07

Mike:
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That complaint was a little over the top in my opinion, assuming he meant it seriously, but you're in no position to accuse people of acting like 2 year olds. Also please don't use IRC style abbreviations like that, that *really* does get irritating with screen readers.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-18 19:46:11

owwww, calm down, that's not something so sirious that you guys have some talkin' and things like that, i bet if if you (cx2) and mike were face to face, we'd be hearing shouts and things now... both of you are right in a way, but mike was right about that little muhahahaha... that's not a big deel... and cx2 had a good point also. so, what are you guys trying to say? cause as i see, there're lots of same oponions in both of you... aren't there?
lol lots of dot dot dots, hehe

2006-02-18 20:48:35

Ugh...

I meant that seriously. I was simply laughing about how careless you guys were with skype names. Did you know someone random could find it, ring you, and... well, I won't get to that bit. I did this once, and someone from mexico called me and said "hola amigo" before I hung up. That taught me a lesson... so if you want my skype e-mail me, don't put it in a topic.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-02-19 06:12:53

Just for the record I did mean the complaint about the mwahaha was over the top, agreeing with Mike for a change, I just objected to Mike calling someone a two year old... as well as spelling it with the letters U R which takes me a moment to figure out.

I personally believe that one problem with the internet is that it's too easy to forget there's a human on the other end, it's too impersonal. I feel this is why we get so much flaming on the net. If this was in person it would probably be much more sedate and less heated.

cx2
-----