2011-04-01 19:33:39

HI,
I was just wondering:
I've noticed a lot of topics which are closed; can you delete those? Or do you have to just close them.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-04-02 10:12:02

as far as i know, the tpoics are closed by admins if there is some violation of the rules in that topic.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-04-02 10:20:45

Or moderators, don't confuse us mods with the admins who are the site owners. We can close topics, delete topics or posts and edit them but can't effect certain changes. We can ban users but not delete them, nor can we change the way the forum operates.

On the whole we do tend to delete topics if they're purely spam. We close topics if they're breaking the rules or otherwise getting out of hand, if we deleted them then we wouldn't have been able to post a mod warning in the topic either. I suppose it's a bit like the difference between shooting a criminal and throwing him in prison, deleting the topic is overkill in many cases and can cause confusion. For one thing someone might think their unacceptable topic was simply lost in the forum database and repost it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.