2011-03-24 22:09:59

I absolutely love this idea and not least because i cant find most of the games mentioned anywhere now.  warzone for psx for example.  i can find it for nint 64, but the sound is superior on playstation

2011-03-24 22:28:21

attention everybody!
snes roms pack v 1.0 has been released! grab it here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1695866/pack%20 … s%201.0.7z
others soon to follow

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-03-24 22:29:31

you are awesome.  i just had a look, great job so far!  am currently looking at one of the rom sites

2011-03-24 22:47:23

@Fastfinge hmm, if you're playing the wii, you shouldn't have
any problems with these games. and you will get used to these keys,
in most of the emulators you can change then any way you like, you can even use game
controllers, so don't worry with it.
next rom pack will be for the gba

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-03-24 23:18:22

i have a question, i love turn based games, are there any that are playable? i remember having success at a couple for ps2, but are there any others that i could try and with an faq have no problem with?  thanks in advance, i'm kinda excited now.  oh and i thought in umk3 the fighters were spoken? or is that in other than the snes versions

2011-03-24 23:21:03

I can't remember any umk3 games where the fighters were spoken. I only remember mk3 for snes, mk trilogy for n64 and playstation in which they are spoken.

janagirl!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2011-03-24 23:41:23

Thats correct. Hopefully PS1 pack is up soon. Roms for it are hard to find.

2011-03-24 23:45:13

I didn't really find one game for ps1 that really worked, yet. I've never played a ps1 game on my computer. I'm looking forward to this, too.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2011-03-24 23:53:11

hmm, playstation games are not hard to find, these sites that are
in the documentation submenu almost all of then contain psx games.
my favorite is snesorama, but others also work.
i don't know about turn based games that are accessible,
i'd love to play then if there are any playable ones.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-03-24 23:53:37

Hi,

The Menus work great and are very simple. If I try to open a room nothing happens. Is this because I'm using vista? Have to try it on my XP notebook. I'm asking because vista is not listed in the documentation.
Anyway, keep up the great work.

2011-03-25 00:03:03

I am using vista and every thing works just fine. Make sure you have a decent video card. Keep in mind you will need a rather beafy PC to run this stuff. I speak from experience.

2011-03-25 00:04:03

It's working great on Windows 7 so I don't think the problem is with Vista Niklas.  Did you remember to put roms into that emulator's rom directory first?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-03-25 00:09:30

I don't find the folder of the emulator for this. I tryed the SNES9 emulator. Can anybody help?

2011-03-25 00:14:55

if you go to the subfolders inside this emulator collection v0.1 folder
there will be a programs folder and then the emulators.
so if you want to add roms to snes9x go to the snes9x folder
there will be a rom folder there, don't enter on it, copy the roms pack that i posted here
past it in this folder, unzip, it will ask if you want to replace the folder, say yes, open
emulator, point to this folder and done.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-03-25 00:42:18

Ah thanks now it works.
Hope for the documentation about the games. I started a few but don't know how to play  and what's going on in the games. But the sounds are cool so far.

2011-03-25 01:10:15

When I was a child, I had a game console that was being connected to the television. All output related to games was on our TV, and the games were producing very interesting sounds. We had a couple of cassettes that was containing all games.

Even I wasn't seeing the screen, I was being delighted when I was enjoying playing those games.

I remember a game that puts you in a tank battle. In this game you could even create your environment (battle field). The console was 2 game controllers, therefore I was getting help of my brother when I was playing that tank game. Sometimes I was accidentally shooting my brother. Oh, that was terrible! yikes

And we had a game called 'Super Mario Brothers' that was consuming all of our time. We could never manage to go to the end of this game, however.

Lastly, I remember a game called 'Street Fighter'. It was, as its name says, a fighting game. I was managing to win almost all rounds by pressing the buttons on the controller randomly.

Now with your project, Matheus, I will go to my childhood days, and recall my old memories to have a nostalgic impressions again. wink

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-03-25 02:58:00

@SplendidFault: thank you for this post, it motivates me
even more to continue developing this project and presenting games that sighted peoples play
for us to play it too, and even compete against then.
in street fighter for example you can win by using certain techniques, combos, etc
and not only "button maching". there's a button for the punch, one for the kick, etc.
so everything makes sense.
ok, enough talking! the game boy advance pack is ready!
i recommend grabbing it right now and trying first the game
sound voyager which only uses sounds (no graphics) so it's fully accessible.
there's even a review if you search for this game in the database
download this pack here
also here's the pack 1.0 of genesis / megadrive roms

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-03-25 03:11:06

My advice would be to read a little about the games befor you play them so you know storylines and such. Also look for walkthroughs so that you can get a general idea of how to navigate the game and what different buttons do.

2011-03-25 03:26:40

Hi! I just tried the emulator for snes with the pack of games. But I noticed that the emulator is very slow. which means, it take a while after I pressed a key until the action is performed. what can that be? can I do anything about this?

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2011-03-25 11:12:13

Hey man, you are awesome for doing this! I'll really love looking at old games like MK3 and such, which i loved. You manage to find MK 4 as well?

2011-03-25 11:44:43

Hello

As a big fan of emulation, i can help you DRG with space on my server to this project. I can only recommend nebula more than win kawaks. At the moment the best emulator to run correctly all CPS 1/2 neogeokonami and PGM boards.

Idea is really great, and if i can help, give me a shot..

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2011-03-25 14:47:50

DRG: Wow, what an awesome idea Are you planning to add an accessible ps2 emmulator in the future?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-03-25 14:48:55

As you can see DRG. You have our support on this. I myself am pretty good at configuring emulaters and getting them to run properly. Fantastic job so far on this project so far, keep it up! This has been the most exciting topic in the forum for me. Thanks!

2011-03-25 14:52:00

okay, here's some of the stuff I said I'd upload
snes9X keys
just paste the file in the snes9X folder
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11419213/snes9x.cfg
player 1 keys
button: key
a: X
B: Z
X: S
Y: A
L: D
R: C
up: u
down: j
left: h
right: k
fast forward for long intros: F
snes cheats for DBZ players
paste these in the snes9X folder in a folder called cheats
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11419213/Cheats.7z
to activate them, go to the cheats menu in the menu bar, then click pro action replay
win kawaks key config and roms coming up soon
and btw DRG, is the bushido blade 2 rom the japanese? or the english

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-03-25 15:22:43

Japanies, I have seen it.