2006-02-20 22:51:35

Phew... case back open. heh.
Point is, yeah, Aaron's right. I could e-mail him, and I'm going to do it. Did you hear me? I am *going to* do it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-02-20 23:07:36

Trying to help me? Well some of you are, by asking me to change the name, but some of yyou, well, basically seem to say that I can't program, telling me I shouldn't've made a website, complaining about non-existant ads on it, etc. I think you might be right about the name! but look! I'll quote some nonsense in my next post!

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-20 23:11:03

Oh forget it...On page 1, most of what I am reading is making fun of me, laughing at me, etc. C'mon...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-20 23:13:18

well.  I wouldn't blame people for making fun of you.  you haven't even proved that you can program anything.  take a page out of lighttech's book and have games already produced before you announce big plans.  You kids make me giggle.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-02-21 01:05:18 (edited by ItsAConspiraZ 2006-02-21 01:20:21)

Not to mention that if you were truly serious about making games you'd prove us wrong by answering the quesstion that was asked of you in the first place instead of focusing on people making fun of you.  Draconis responds to ofensive questions normaly (ignoring insults if there are any) and this question was not offensive in the least.  Give me a break - you're being a child.  I'd like to see you answer the question in the next post (look at the first post for reference)
[Edit: there's also a big difference betwen people complaining and people making fun of you.]

James

2006-02-21 02:14:49

Mike I'm going to say this once more and try to be as polite as I can about it. If you'd wanted to avoid what's been going on, you shouldn't have rushed to put up a company web site. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, wants to go to a web site and see only "coming soon!" That's why there aren't more company web sites out there, because it's a matter of simple, common sense to wait to put up a web site until there's actually something worth putting up. If I'd put up BSoft's web site (the name is entirely hypothetical and should therefore not be taken seriously), knowing that I have absolutely nothing worth posting on it, I'd probably be getting the same flack you've been getting. So to be honest it's no surprise that you're getting all this flack. When you prove to the community that you can design games and therefore can put something worthwile on your site, I'm sure you'll earn people's respect. Until then though, having a web site up is just asking for trouble.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-02-21 06:42:23

Sometimes I ask myself, why can't I disagree? Brian's right, again. You don't put up  site til you're sure you have enough stuff to put on it. My suggestion? Take the bloody website down, and leave it down til you have something. Noone wants to see a site with COMING SOON! written on it.

2006-02-21 07:34:45

i totally agree here. also when ever i program games which is most likely not gonna happen but who knows, I'd just start with a card game or a simon, memory, guess the number although there's already sooo many gtn games, but at least not a side scroller or an rpg in a bang, i just start with something simple. this way you could prove you're a progrmmer and no one has to see coming soon!

2006-02-21 13:19:44

lol my message is coming soon!
coming soon? it's the phrase some people (sighted people) use when they don't know anything or what to do, or sometimes because they want to make the people curious about the thing... but i think none of them last for 2 months or even more! so, coming soon!
coming? yeah, soon!

2006-02-21 15:35:26

think your right about starting small, maybe I will. Release a little game for you to play, just so i have something.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-21 15:38:00

Ok, the question. What is QUAG's status. Well, yes, we want to make the game Shade of Doom, or whatever it is to be called. Like I said, I want to consider making a small game and releasing it so I can show you all that I can make games, and you'll have something to play even if it's kinda dumb. What small games would you like to see? What features? I was thinking a simple shooting game which u shoot at the computer and he shoots back at you...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-21 17:26:44

please explain why you have to be so unoriginal you can't come up with a real game title?  I'm confused on this.  you have not at all even explained your reasons for blaytontly ripping off GMA games.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-02-21 17:36:48

What? Shade of doom? Me and my friend thought of the title, i told him it was similar to GMA Games' Shades of Doom. But we decided, so what? I'm sure we can easily think of another name...Now stop turning the topic towards whining again, I asked what kind of simple game you would like to see?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-21 22:50:24

Anything but a standard guess the number, simon or memory.  the latter two would be better though but I'm sure since you wanted to develop games you can think of something entertaining.

James

2006-02-21 23:41:49

exactly james
mike ,  to tell you the trooth, 40 percent is your programming skills, and 60 percent should be your ideas, so start developing your own unique games, you should not ask what we want - it's not as though your serving us drinks, just think ,rethink, start writing code,then maby ask for suggestions(corrections),not for a hole design
thanks
yakir arbib

2006-02-22 05:14:01

Honestly I don't see any issues with developers asking the community what style of games they would like, it's called market research. On the other hand for simple games where you're just getting into the swing of the code you should just make whatever takes your fancy.

I know at college to learn C++ we made a mastermind game (we were using Dos C++ for the record, I can send the code to anyone interested but it isn't accessible and doesn't make use of DirectX so there's not much point). You could make a game based on some form of random gambling simulator, I don't know anything about gambling but maybe something using dice or anything that can work with random number generation. Another interesting one to try would be that card game (I don't know the name, sorry) where the card values have to total 21 or less, but that's a little more complex.

It isn't about what we want with these small games, it's about what you're comfortable making and what you think you can code. Only you can decide that.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-22 05:27:48

Black Jack? That was what I was going to suggest... But I don't see why you couldn't've made up another name Mike. I can think of a good name for something like even SOD. I could call it, who knows, The Shadows of Doom, Doom Hour, Time for Doom, and whatever the hell... for something like Mortal Kombat I could even probably say The war of the Relms...

2006-02-22 08:06:36

i do not agree fully with yakir. you can simply have suggestions, it is not the bad thing to do.

2006-02-22 08:59:55

Well, i think that it would be strange if the ag developers just asking about what games do you want to play with.
Of course you have to decide what game do you want to do, according to your programming skills, because just for an example:
In The Ag Forum, they asks for a super Liam style game, which i guess you cant write atm.
But i have a feeling that you just decided to make games, and you wrote it in this forum, before you just thought about webspace, or even just how to make games with a programming language, see the Webspace Post, and the post where you asked how can i write a simple shooter game.
So, again, think before saying something.
HTH,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-23 02:21:50

I really wouldn't be calling anyone kids, Mike. Most of us are older than you, and most of all, we have more manners than you! Just give it up; This entire QUAG thing was doomed to fail from the start. If you don't have good social skills and aren't polite, then no one is going to try or buy your games unless they are extremely board.

2006-02-23 03:58:12

Oh, please. Normally it seems to be Mike that starts arguments here, but this time I have to say it's got messy.

Mike missed the initial point of this topic, and after he got on topic and finally started being reasonable you lot have started pounding away. Noone should call anyone a kid except in extreme circumstances. Whatever Mike's motives I think it's quite reasonable to ask for suggestions. Are you saying that audio game developers shouldn't pay attention to what the community is asking for? Of course not, and there's nothing wrong with asking for input.

I know game developers need their own ideas and creativity, but they also need to be in touch with the community. Whilst I won't claim Mike is in touch with the community at present asking for input is a good way to get an idea of what's going on. You'll more than likely get so many ideas back that one of them will stick with you and spark your imagination. He's not asking us to code the game for him, after all.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-23 04:13:23

Yeah cx2 is right. When I finally got on topic and asked for ideas, then u started fighting like a bunch of monkies over what I should be doing! I shouldn't ask for ideas! I should! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-23 04:16:22

Gosh, I am really having a problem here. I'm just trying to develop games here. I should give up the thing? No one is gonna play my games unless they're bored? What is this! So what if I set up a site, with coming soon on it, I shouldn't be getting these kind of comments. Seriously there is something wrong with this picture.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-23 09:48:31

I cannot believe I'm going to comment on this crap. Maybe I'm a little bored myself... anyway This time Mike is really getting hammered. In other posts everyone bitches how Mike starts things and makes stupid posts (sometimes he does); but everyone needs to lighten up on him. I know I haven't been around these forums that long but I have read quite a bit of bickering and it's a waste of time. If you have a suggestion give to him or else do something constructive. Thanks
bb

2006-02-23 11:52:25

I agree with Mike's second to last post, but his actual last post was quite immature.

Mike, if you're presented with a possibility to stop the arguing (namely a couple of people coming in and saying people are being unfair to you) don't blow it by hitting back.

cx2
-----