2006-02-09 03:33:49

Couldn't ask for a better explanation and opinion.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-02-10 17:51:05

james,your soooo right!
yakir

2006-02-10 19:13:02

I think it's better to at least ask what people would like (call it market research) than make a side scroller with a virtually stolen name.

We have to be careful. I agree that we shouldn't praise everyone who makes games just because they're making them, but too often people seem to be rather impolite about it on here . I'm not pointing the finger at any of you, but we have to remember that we should still respect the developers because they're human beings. The situation with Mike is a little different because he brought it upon himself in my opinion.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-11 08:25:13

I won't deny that either...

2006-02-12 03:10:49 (edited by XLStudios 2006-02-12 03:13:18)

Sigh. What do you expect from kids like him. They don't know anything about developing games, being polite, etc, and yet they insist that they are a "game development company". I'm sorry, but I can't help but show extreme contempt for people like him.

Addendum: Yakir is an exception to this as he has actually managed to write a few games.

2006-02-12 22:18:47

game over jason! calling me a kid? lol!
and for ya all : the word "maneged" is rong! because I am still and will **still** do this for you in the future!
these days are just lighttech interactive's first days, but ... the sky is the limit,and my motivation is great!
take care
yakir arbib

2006-02-12 23:30:12

When he says managed, he meant managed to get one out. Not managed to make one. Think he means you've got something started. Correct me Jason...

2006-02-13 10:25:15

James you hit it on the head. You always do; we need to get serious if we want these games to get better. I'm not saying there isn't effort being put forth, but it's not enough. The people who are serious about making this work and the people who are just bitching and not doing anything to contribute.
bb

2006-02-13 15:52:26

james, you are quite right, but we should've begun it sooner. i also agree to cx2, it might be a disrespect. the difference is only an s, you know? there're thousands of names and it's not worth it to risk such a disrespect, the others might come helpful one day, and that might make enemies... don't know if i said it right but i did my best.

2006-02-13 16:38:35

I don't really have much to say on the matter.  you can find my posts in previous threads.  If you have to call your game shade of doom, it shows your lack of creativity.  I love how these kids put up a page and then call themselves a company.  ok.  I'm not gonna start ranting again, but I think everyone knows how I feel on the matter.  And for the record, just because I'm a game developer, this will not stop me from totally ripping someone apart if their games suck.  The nice thing is, I can look at it from two levels.  I can look at it from a development stance, as well as an end user stance.  I tend to think that I may be one of the only developers who actively participates in community forums.  and, I do not define LWorks as a company.  I am an individual who writes games for others enjoyment, and for a small amount of profit to compensate my time and efforts.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-02-13 21:32:27 (edited by robjoy 2006-02-13 21:42:54)

Mike, you should save these posts, and think about them, they might can help.
And another thing:
If you just make enemies, then who'll buy your games?
I know you said you'll do it for free, but you will see soon (i hope) that a small amount of money is worth your work.
I know what i'm talking about, because i thought i'll make free games as well (without saying it to anyone).
I dont mean that you should make just registerable games, but a good game needs lots of coding, lots of time, lots of effort, and patience.
If you can understand me, and if i can say us, then i am happy, if not, then i think you have to age a bit before, and then you'll see.
Anyways, i dont think so that this topic worth to talk about (especially now, because i think almost everyone agree with me, and with everyone who posted there (actually quite a lot person)).
Best regards,
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-14 06:22:51

Liam... I'm putting that post on my flag and that on the flagpole. heh. correct. I'm glad at least Liam doesn't call himself a company, not to offend you Liam or anything, but good job. Personally, from my point of view, a company is something big like Midway, or Ea games. Those people have hundreds of people working on those games inside out.

2006-02-14 13:01:01

but liam, if you dont call yourself a company, what do you call lworks?
apart from a websight? lol. smile.

2006-02-18 20:50:36

Has anyone moticed that Mike hasn't put his finger on this topic yet? We haven't even seen one post.

2006-02-19 06:08:17

Don't tempt fate tongue

He was actually pretty quiet for a few days back when this topic was posted too... Probably for the better or this topic would have been another flamefest.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-19 19:27:38

The reason I don't post to this topic...Is...Honestly, its too pathetic to  read. You sound like little babies...And you say I complain? Look! What! You're! Doing! If I could help it no one here would get my games, apart from some, since I know there are other audiogamers in the world who don't complain like you guys. Wait, did I say guys? I meant kids.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-19 23:36:31

Lol, that is absurd.
Mike, i think you have got serious problems.
We complaining, heh.
Just for an example:
Is blah, blah, blah is an addult post?
But i can write more posts here, if you would like to.
I dont think so it worth the time to write posts here, leave him alone, he dont know what he talking about.

HTH,
Robjoy
"Always think before you do something..."

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-19 23:55:11

Heh... I'm agreeing. At least we have a reason for doing what we do. So-called complaining. Who was flaming alchemy on the old buard, not counting Will. Mike, that's who. Smirk.

2006-02-20 01:49:34

And Mike is such an iddeeit if he dares to make a game the same title as one already made.

2006-02-20 02:14:45

Mike. We're trying to help you with our suggestions. We're not complaining. We're just saying that you might consider changing the name of your game.

Game Man

2006-02-20 03:16:03

Mike wrote:

The reason I don't post to this topic...Is...Honestly, its too pathetic to  read. You sound like little babies...And you say I complain? Look! What! You're! Doing! If I could help it no one here would get my games, apart from some, since I know there are other audiogamers in the world who don't complain like you guys. Wait, did I say guys? I meant kids.

Pathetic?  Complaining?  I was meerly asking when we would see a demo or trailer or any new info on the game you're working on.  Keep in mind I asked this without any unnecessary comments about how we have to wait and I'm sick of Mike and his stupid company, nor did I repeat the same "word" for several lines to "prove my point."  If you had answered the question as politely as I had asked it without saying how immature and whiney it is of me to ask such a horrible question, I might've gained some respect for you.

James

2006-02-20 04:00:28

Boom... case closed!

2006-02-20 08:04:22 (edited by arjan 2006-02-20 08:05:17)

i agree. don't try to be the best at everything. we're trying to help you, but you are not allowing us to.
and then if you know what you're doing you can understand that some people get really annoyed about your games.

2006-02-20 17:36:37

mike, why is it that you always say we are complaining! i am getting annoyed too. alright, you have an irc network. that's good. the next thing we want is a game. but, unfortunately, you dont think we are helping. we are trying to get you to change the name, because david greenwood might be coming after you. ya know, if that game is called "shade of doom" when released, one of us could e-mail him and tell him. it's not just me who's angry. it's a lot of us. a *lot* of us. just remember that. you were the one who kept complaining as well, at alchemy... at quite a few companies.

2006-02-20 18:58:38

well maybe he calls it a complain? we can call everything as we like. like, calling love as hate, calling help as complain, calling madness as intelegence, calling a simular name as a quite different name? and etc!
and my point, our point, yes, *our* point is to help you. read this line again. *to help you*. if you're going to call it a complain, so be on your own, no one will say anything about your games, your work, ever again. if you like it, i, *we*, will be quiet, and if not, listen to us! and if you're going to take another way... that's your own dessision. do whatever you do but don't call people (who are made of great guys like, liam, cx2, james, robjoy, and others) as kids, or you will be considered as a kid, indeed. i wouldn't care about myself, you can call me whatever you want, because names are the least important things for me... it's why i wouldn't tell you anything if it was not like "shades of doom". i talked a lot, but wanted to put all words in one post, so, do not be angry with me or others. want me to repeat that line again, ok, i'll do that: my point, our point, is just to, help, you.
regards!