2011-02-22 17:53:21

Hi All:
I'm not sure if anyone else has heard of this software so I  will post about it here.
The tapin radio software is a  program that you download and can listen to radio stations on it. It works with Jaws for windows, but I'm not sure about its accessibility with other screen readers since Jaws is my screen reader.
You could say it is a  scaled down version of Klango.
While Klango certainly  can offer more in the way of social media like forems and other things, Tapin radio is fun as well.
For more information on downloading and  such, go to www.tapinradio.com
I  hope you all enjoy.

Audio game king

2011-02-22 19:39:25

Hi,
well, Tapin Radio is supposed to be an exclusive internet radio player, so I wouldn¨t probably really compare it with Klango, but it does its job pretty well. it is perfectly accessible even with NVDA, at least for me, and it has a huge database of various streams for various stations in various bitrates, sorted either by genre, by region or by network. It can record the stuff you are listening to, and if the station stream provides metadata, it can also split and name the recorded files based on what is currently playing on the radio, etc. I am loving it! I used to use Screamer Radio for listening to internet radios before but its most recent version has become totally inaccessible. Any screen reader I have tried it with seemed to fail at reading its menus.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-02-22 20:53:56

Yeah I  like it alot.
The thing I  like about it the most, is that it has its own easy to use volume control.

Audio game king

2011-02-23 18:59:17

Hi,
Hear is the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzlb98
Enjoy!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-24 01:33:45

hmmmm... I think that a link was given on the first post... This program seems ok to me...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-03-12 18:47:45

Hi all
Tapin radio has released an updated version of the software.
Version 1.29.1 
As mentioned above go to www.tapinradio.com for more information.

Audio game king

2011-03-12 19:01:59

Is this similar to an application called Radio Sure?

that's my radio player of choice!

2011-03-12 20:13:19

Yes it is.
Although in my personal oppinion, this software is much better than radio sure.

Audio game king

2011-03-27 19:48:20

Actually, I'll give it a try as well.

BTW CW, I've been burning to ask this, are you a fan of Gryffindor's never die?

2011-03-27 20:37:43

Seeing that I don't know who or what that is, I guess my anser is no.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-03-28 20:14:11

Mmmmmmmmmmm, it sounds like. You know the fanfic when Harry and Ron are both alcoholics, they're fifty eight and they get sent back to hogwarts for another chance? And the line you wrote not all those who wonder are lost is certainly from Gryffindor's never die. Also, from the ashes a fire shall be woken is from gryffindor's never die. See, I have evidence. Grins.

2011-03-29 00:30:01

As for my sig, I took it from the lord of the rings.

DropBox Referral

2011-03-30 05:23:24

wp85 wrote:

Hi All:
I'm not sure if anyone else has heard of this software so I  will post about it here.
The tapin radio software is a  program that you download and can listen to radio stations on it. It works with Jaws for windows, but I'm not sure about its accessibility with other screen readers since Jaws is my screen reader.
You could say it is a  scaled down version of Klango.
While Klango certainly  can offer more in the way of social media like forems and other things, Tapin radio is fun as well.
For more information on downloading and  such, go to www.tapinradio.com
I  hope you all enjoy.

Such a very amazing link!

2011-03-30 13:42:51

Well... Haven't seen a spambod doing that before.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2011-03-30 13:49:51

Hi,
Lol me neither; now we're quoting people, are we?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-04-02 10:16:44

btw, what is "never die", and "lord of the rings"?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.