2011-02-21 10:26:29

Hello everybody,
My playroom is now available in english !

The playroom is a platform where you can play card or board games online with other players or against automated robots if nobody is available for playing.

At the moment, you can play up to 5 games: uno, monopoly, poker, 1000 miles and scopa.

I started that project by first developing a french-only interface. They enjoyed it very much and I decided to translate it to other languages, english being the first one.

Detailled game rules for each game are not yet online, but the whole interface is already translated, so that you can already start playing.

The principle is simple: you download and install a tiny client. At first run you create an online account, and then you can play to all games the platform offer. If you had a connect 4 account, you can reuse it.

Download the client here :
http://agn.quentinc.net/autodl/quentinc … nstall.exe

It works with windows XP, vista and 7, 32 or 64 bits with jaws, NVDA only with 32 bits, otherwise you have a simple SAPI support. In other cases you can manually read text contents in the text area. Sorry for mac users but I don't have any mac so I can't port it.

Please remember that this english version is still a beta. Feel free to make your comments and suggestions  below.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-02-21 12:35:06

it feels like you are packing old milk in a new can. RSGames client already does this stuff. Maybe you should hook up with them instead.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-02-21 12:43:55

That is a litle harsh Key is full, sinse the games involved for both clients are different.

The rs client plays monopoly, uno, blackjack and Yahtzi, certainly not poker or the others (I haven't even heard of 1000 miles or scopa), and even for monopoly and Uno, I'm not sure if the Rs client plays those in French.

Sounds intreaguing Amineel, I'll take a look when I have some time, though that's something I'm running slightly short of at the moment.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-02-21 14:04:31

hmm, i will still try this out

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2011-02-21 14:04:37

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to see how the client works.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-02-21 14:14:02

wait, i need to recovcer my password, but the lost password thing is still in french ...

2011-02-21 17:47:29

@Keywasful: ah sorry, I actually forgotten the lost password page. Anyway, it's easy. your nickname goes in the first field. In the second and third fields, write your new password. You will then get an e-mail with a link to confirm. I think it's doable. Sorry...

2011-02-21 18:21:20

Wow! I'll trie it! now!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-21 18:35:35

can i change to nvda? for the speech rate is slow,

2011-02-21 19:03:17

anyway to get it to work with nvda instead of sapi5?

2011-02-21 19:49:32

hi all
plese help
i m create new account
but my email  is bad waht i have to du
thank you

2011-02-21 21:01:55

I  just wanna say thank you so much for making these games available.
Especially the holdem one.

Audio game king

2011-02-21 21:48:23

@keyIsFull: I have still some problems with NVDA. You can try to rename one or more NVDA DLLs. They are not always tried in the right order, especially if you are on 64 bit machine, and the easiest is to delete those who make problems. Try to keep one as at time and rename the other ones so that the buggy ones are not found.
If you want to get rid of the SAPI5 support, you can also delete the corresponding DLL as well... but NVDA is tried before SAPI5, so if SAPI5 is used, it means that it was not able to use NVDA.

While making my tests on windows 7 pro 32 bits, I was also in a case where NVDA was running but not etected. I still don't know why.

@"sswwaaiikkee: if you make a misstake in your e-mail, there is no way. The e-mail is lost. The easiest is simply to redo the registration process. You can safely retry with the same nickname.

2011-02-22 00:29:21

now we don't have to pay for the  cardroom by blindadrenaline
and allinplay, i can safely say that these games rule, thank you so much aminiel
for the work, game, the server(that i know it's not cheap) and all that stuff.
be careful! 1000 miles is addicting!
happy playing

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2011-02-22 01:21:59

hi aminiel
no dont work
i m dont cann creat new account

2011-02-22 02:06:03

Hey, Can you explain to me what 1000 miles and scopa are? I'd like to play but I don't read french well.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2011-02-22 09:11:46

I really enjoyed it. I am pressing f12 in the game, coming a diolog, can you translate it?

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-22 11:01:29

I have a request again. Can you make this app to sutable for NVDA? When I first logged on, It was givd an error and I have to delete NVDA 64bit.dll

2011-02-22 12:23:04

@murac: I know there are  still problems with NVDA... Don't double post, I'm trying to solve them but I have no luck til now.

@harrylst:
1000 miles: you are in a race and your goal is to complete 1000 miles before your opponents. To stop them playing miles steps, you can throw them problems like accident, flat, speed limit... you can also prevent them to stop you by playing immunities, for example the steering ace can no more make accidents. At the beginning and after each solved problem, you must start with a green light.

Scopa: at your turn, you have to play a card on the table. If there is already a card with the same number, or if you can make a sum of cards equal to the one you are playing, then you collect those cards, otherwise it is simply put on the table. The goal is to collect more cards than your opponents, especially diamonds and 7, the 7 of diamond being the most worthy card. IF you can vanish all cards, then you get a bonus point (and of course next player is obliged to put one instead of collecting)

2011-02-22 13:45:18

Hi my name is Burak. B u r A k

2011-02-22 14:22:06 (edited by Aminiel 2011-02-22 14:24:16)

For those who have problems with NVDA, you may try  that updated version of the executable :
http://vrac.quentinc.net/playroom.exe
Important: delete nvdaControllerClient64.dll if you are in a 32 bit windows, and conversely with nvdaControllerClient32.dll if you are on a 64 bit windows. Otherwise you will have a crash of both the playroom, nvda and explorer.exe.

If you are on a 64 bit windows and want to help a bit more, you can run that small program :
http://vrac.quentinc.net/test64bit.exe
and tell me if 64 bit mode is correctly detected.

2011-02-22 15:05:25

Hi,
You mentioned something about not having to pay for BA anymore. SO my question is, of course, what do we have in poker? I'll be downloading it tonight.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-22 15:18:09

@Hayden: I'm not sure to understand your question.
You don't have to pay anything to play. IN poker, you play with virtual money, that's all.

2011-02-22 16:01:40

also i will point out the blind adrenaline cardroom does several different games such as hearts, spades, blackjack and euchre as well as two poker varients and hosts tournaments often for prizes or cash.

While I'm not saying anything against amineel's client (I haven't tried it yet fo one thing), I do happen to think che's work is worth it for the 3 usd a month he charges, ---- though I am less a fan of all in play sinse it seems quite expensive for what you get.

Back to amineel's client though, 1000 miles sounds distinctly fun, not one I've heard of though scopa reminds me of a similar game I played when I was extremely young (ie about 5 or 6), called going to markit.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-02-22 17:44:56

Hi Aminiel
I  have a  minor bug to report. Well at least I  think its one, but if its not my appologies.
Sometimes when I  go into a  game of 1000 miles, it is in progress so I  have to wait until the next round which is fine.
However when the next round it sometimes doesn't include me in the game.
I  do check to make sure spectator mode is turned off.
Just thought I  would let you know. And again great work!

Audio game king