2011-02-10 03:12:00

I am using PUTTY to connect to a linux machine via SSH. I would like to transfer some of the files I have stored on the machine in question to my own machine. I do not have addmin rights on the linux machine. All of the files in question are nothing but text. So if I knew how, I don't mind dumping them in to a log if needed, but I am really not to shure how to tell PUTTY to log.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-03-13 17:26:46

Use winscp.
google it and you'll find it, use the explorer interface, and part of the installer is inaccessible, but once you get it installed it's easy to use.
in the main window, first edit box is host,
second is username
and third is obviously password.
press enter and you'll get a list view. tab to the tree bview, press home and move to the list view. you can use all your key commands to copy/paste. To put a file on your own machine, highlight it in the list view and press CTRL+c. enjoy!