2011-02-07 22:29:34

Hello, I'm morecoffee50, and I just wanted to introduce myself.  I am from Georgia, in the United States, and I've been playing audio games now for about 8 years.  I started with text based RPG's, *managing my own site for awhile*.  I'm hoping to find new hosting to create another, because I love gaming!  I am a full time Mom, and have recently introduced my sighted child to the world of audio gaming and am happy to say that she says it's "way cool!"   Feel free to message..., and, thanks for letting me be a part of a wonderful comunity!  I look forward to meeting you all.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2011-02-08 00:16:47

Greetings and welcome.

I'd be interested to know what text based rpgs you've played, sinse that is an area I have heavily investigated myself being very much interested in rpgs generally.

Hope you have fun on the forum.

Ps, I'm moving this topic to general discussion, sinse it's vaguely game related and more people are likely to see it there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-02-08 01:52:28

I'm very sorry if i put that in the wrong place.  Well, i first started with Legend of the green dragon, and ran a site for a bit.  I went to shrif, Nation States, and several others.  i love to RP, and the text based give one the fredom to be almost anything or anyone that one's imagination could work up.  I'm a people person, so, acting with others was a major pull for me.  I have also done Dungeons and dragons, as well as masquerade.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2011-02-08 14:23:22

The topic thing really doesn't matter. As a sort of vague guide if it's game related somehow it goes in general discussion, hence why I moved it.

As regards games, funnily enough I started with nationstates and logd myself, in fact those were the first games I played on a pc as opposed to game consoles, quite a bit before I knew audio games existed.

Rp wise, I've played D&D and do a weekly mutants and masterminds game each saturday with friends.

Online though, I'm more an exploration fan myself, I'm not sure why, I just prefer rp when it's live with other people rater than across the internet, for text games I generally like solo questing etc.

I can however recommend core exiles, as bein probably the only online rpg I've ever found which isn't concerned with constant power gaming and pvp, actually it's a far more cooperative game and players are extremely friendly.

You might also be a fan of some of the muds that are around these days, as many, such as awakened worlds are very heavily rp focused.

Muds can be a trifle complex to get into if your not used to a text game in real time, but using the accessible mud client vip mud from www.gmagames.com very much simplifies the process.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-02-08 14:34:55

Welcome to the forum...

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-09 19:49:35

Hi, welcome.

2011-02-09 23:49:33

hello, welcome!  now you mentioning nation states reminds me that i should probably check mine and see what state its in seeing as it went from almost complete dictatorship to democracy in the space of about 2 weeks, and this is with me still limmiting people's freedom... big_smile

2011-02-10 04:23:02

i have laughed so hard with nation states.  I'm Jennoya on there if you want to say hi!  again, i want to thank those of you who have taken the time to welcome me or just say "Hello"  it means a lot.  Happy Gaming!

2011-02-10 11:04:55

The funny thing about nationstates, is I sort of gained an aunty playing it, sinse I just went on, checked my nation each day and chatted with a lady on there for the space of about four years.

Sinse I was doing a degree and then a masters at the time and she was a doctor of chemistry, we got on rather well and messaged each other a lot. Really it was the most social I've been in a game, just goign on for a general chat about what was happening at any particular time.

Eventually we just ended up swapping phone numbers simply to chat more conveniently.

Nothing romantic going on, ----but she is stil a very good friend.

Getting back to nationstates, i used to have two nations, cruelnida, a nation of cruelty, which was especially fun sinse I kept making posts from it's evil leader smilin tony, --- -which had nothing to do with the then prime minister of England Tony blare whatsoever ;D.

The amusing bit was I put cruelnida's national animal as "the cruelnida citizen" which made for some rather fun issues, and went with the hole national spirit of cruelty, ---- especially when cooking the citizens in snack packs or mking them extinct ;d.

I did also in fairness have a nation i tried to run properly as well, the cruelty was just for amusement value.

2011-02-10 12:24:43

hi,
i just wanna know that what is nation states all about?
is it just about addressing issues, once in a day or two?
or is there something else that we can do in the game?

cozz i have recently created an account and i am "the community of sid512" there.

in the starting, i got a message from system, and one issue.
i can't find anything accept this.

regards,

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-02-11 08:33:46

Hi sid.

Basically yes, the game is all about addressing issues. You can set how many you get in your preferences, up to I believe three a day.

if your a member of the united nations, instead of you just deciding what to do about the issue, all nations in the un in your region vote, and your nation will do whatever is decided in the vote, you thus need to be political and argue your position, and I belive many people get into political roleplay with their nations as well, but to be honest I never got in to that side of nation states myself, i just had fun answering my issues and chatting to other people in my region.

It's really more a social game made for fun than a serious affair, ---- look in the database for more information.

The creator, max barry was at one stage working on nationstates Ii, which had more to it like managing economy, war, whether, natural desasters and such, but sadly that seems to not be running anymore.

2011-02-14 00:36:38

I just wanted to say "hi" again and let everyone know I'm still alive lol.  I spent a week in bed with a really bad flu, and now that I'm feeling better my free time has been tied up helping a friend with a new business he started.  His business calls for a handful of custom programs so I've been busy writing his company's software.  I Love the game entry for Daytona dark!  big_smile  I hope to be back working on the Daytona games soon.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-02-19 11:12:59

I want also to apologize for being absent.  I'm trying to work on a website in the hopes that I can put my game back up.  I really miss my site, and, I'm also taking some programming classes as well.  It's good to be back, and I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

2011-02-19 12:27:39

actually to carry the theme on I have to appologize for moderate amounts of absense too, sinse I'm currently gettng very close to the production of the grand duke we're doing (it's on the 25th and 6th), thus am rehearsing a lot at the moment.

No problem about the daytona entry Aprone, I actually haven't been doing my job properly as far as the database goes so need to get back on track as there are stil a fair few games to add and some that need seriously updating.