2011-02-05 16:20:45

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a good program to remove dead space from audi o recordings?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-02-05 20:45:42

Any audio editor could do it but I am experienced enough with just Sound Forge so far. So, if you have it, I can tell you how to do it pretty easily, or you may wait for others' suggestions. After all, sound forge is quite large and expensive to get just to remove silence from audio, if you do not intend to start editing audio more seriously. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-02-05 21:37:49

Wavepad's segment selection method is completely accessible.. If you can get the hang of distinguishing playing a selected region and playing with the mark moving along, it's not that difficult to get the position of deadspace and delete it.
It's much easier with deadspace at the beginning of a clip, since you can just tap home until it's not selecting things and just let it play until sound starts, then press escape to stop, ctrl + g to select the region, then just adjust the selection it gives to cover the dead space.
There can be a good deal of guessing, sometimes, but after a while it gets easier.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-02-06 12:35:53

ok thanks.
I don't have sound fordge but thanks for the suggestion.
I have wavpad so thanks for the suggestion on that.
Thanks again,

Daniel