2011-01-26 16:10:39

Okay so I have had this problem ever since I got my computer. It freezes up randomly and qwitter doesn't work anymore on it. I finally discovered why. Whenever I turn my computer on after it has frozen I get this
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
26/01/2011 7:55 AM

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID:    4105

Extra information about the problem
BCCode:    116
BCP1:    89A19510
BCP2:    9644CF30
BCP3:    00000000
BCP4:    00000002
OS Version:    6_1_7600
Service Pack:    0_0
Product:    768_1
Bucket ID:    0x116_TdrBCR:2_Tdr:2_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Server information:    c4ed6ff9-7bcc-4be What do I do to fix this problem or is there anything I can do? Really sorry for the long post.

2011-01-26 22:01:16

I don't have any specific suggestions, but this is just the sort of thing avg pc tune up can fix, indeed I had a windows problem at startup myself, left over from getting a virus, which it cleared up very quickly.

The full license costs something like 48 dollars for 2 years, but you can download and run the demo which will run for two days and will perform a number of fix problems anyway.

Just go here on the avg site to read about it and find a demo.

That's assuming of course that your pc doesn't just have a virus which has royally mucked something up.

Once again I'd recommend avg as both very accessible and very good at slaughtering viruses, though there are other reasonable ones you might use like nod 32, or avast.

just as long as you stay away frm Norton (inaccessible), and mcaffi (not very accessible and also not very secure).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-28 09:13:25

If you encounter the blue screen of death, it just means that either your computer was infected by a virus or you have a hardware-related problem. Try to boot using safe mode. If safe mode isn't working try to do some basic hardware troubleshooting. If you reach the safe mode portion of the login phase, you may restore a good working configuration. That is if you have saved a restoration point.

Alfred Workman

2011-01-28 12:13:54

wow, a spam bot that gives good ideas? Proove me wrong if you're human.
Anyway you'll need sighted help if you wanna boot into safemode as sound drivers are not initiated. A BSOD may indeed be caused by an incompatible driver (I had that happen to me twice with brltty and an older version of deamon tools on vista). I managed to delete the faulty libusb driver of brltty easily, but for deamon tools I actually had someone delete the driver using a dos prompt on their xp cd.since it would BSOD on safemode as well.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2011-01-28 21:07:19

I don't have linix I have windows 7 on this laptop. I have microsoft sicruity esentials on this computer so it might be that.

2011-01-29 22:29:06

Well, who talked about Linux?
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-01-30 04:58:49

Now whenever I try turning it on it just trys to repare it's self And then it can't repare it's self. It has warrranty so I think I'll talk to the vender who sold it to me because they would know best at this point. They might even be able to get me a new computer if this one can't be fixed.