2011-01-21 00:01:15

Yesterday I started having symptoms of the flu. These included: akes all over the body, high temp, etc. I’m shure you get the picture. Anyway, I don’t remember anyone, on this form, asking how vision impaired deal with this kind of sickness. An inconvenience for me was that I am stay in a dorm here at the university that I am attending what made it worse was that I didn’t know where the cleaning supplies were and there was the really messy mess. That is the nices way of saying how bad it was. So how is this kind of thing dealt with? Is there any trick of the trade? I have sent someone out for once because I didn’t want to spred it, but this is an inconvenience because a lot of people have their own thing that they are doing.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-01-21 01:09:19

I'm a bit confused cw. What exactly do you mean by "how would a visually impared person deal with the flue?", sinse quite honestly the only answer I can think of to give is "the same way as anyone else"

Afterall, it's not your eyes that get the flue ;D.

All I can say is what I'd say to anyone with the flue, ---- visually impared or not. Lie down somewhere quiet, drink lots of water, take paraseatamol to bring down your temperature and sleep as much as possible.

if you've got a sore throat, refrain from speaking, and if you've got a blocked nose, ---- blow it!

I had the flue myself over christmas, and basically all I did was lie down, read most of the Artimis fowl series in audio, and do the above.

The amusing bit was that sinse (being a serious singer), I didn't want to strain my voice, I had to resort to a combination of using Hal instead of speaking when i was near my laptop, and using sign language when i wasn't.

This got quite weerd, especially the sign language bit.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-21 16:02:55

LOL. You do have a point dark. The only problem I am having with the flu is the messes That do get on the floor from time to time. So far I gotten help cleaning them up, but pretty much desided to eat as little as I can get away with because that usely mean a vary slimy fowl descrusting mess to clean up or slip in. How do I clean up those kind of messes? These messes are estreamly bad and worse when you are feeling like you are really down in the dumps.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-01-21 18:03:17

Not a simptom I'd usually associate with the flue cw, but stil I do see your point.

If your in such a state and, ---- mmm the facilities, are not in easy leg it distance, well a bucket within easy reach isn't a bad idea. noxious as it might sound, it does, ---- mmm, let us say contain the situation ;D.

if mishaps occur, well I'd resort to standard puppy drill, something I learnt when i was 13 and Jess, my bull terrier was 5 weeks old.

Feeling around the floor with kitchin roll in hand, having a spray can of detle (or similar anti toxic agent), and a bottle of fabrese for after the initial mess is cleared to mmm, insure a good working atmoshere ;D.

For location business, well kitching roll in hand and careful scanning is all that can really be done.

My own residual vision was useless in location of such problems, so I had to resort to tactile methods (and lots of hand washing).

Hope this helps.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-21 18:40:59

LOL. It does. At least I know of somethings to get in the future. The first is the bucket I think. that will be easy. thanks. I wasn't trying to gross anyone out. Guess I never had to take care of a puppy on my own in my younger days. guess there is a few lessons to be learned there.

DropBox Referral

2011-01-22 16:04:12

Seconded on the bucket, my stomach is one of my weak points. If you do have to clear up a mess you could also try rubber gloves, the better fit the better so you don't lose all sensation, and your sense of smell. The smell does linger but the areas where there is still mess present should be more pungent. I'd personally prefer disposable cloths myself since I find kitchel roll tends to disintegrate, and washing up liquid works as well as anything for cleaning up. A second go with something more antibacterial never hurts though, especially if it's in an area you want to keep especially clean such as in a kitchen.

Then again this is personal preference.

As to whether it's a typical symptom with the flu, I know I certainly tend to get nausea quite readily with most illnesses. Then again I suffer from irritable bowels, ironic since most of the time my issues are from the stomach upward.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-01-22 16:36:47

With any liquid mess Cx2, even down to spilt coffee, more liquid is the last thing you need, sinse it just produces a stain on the carpit eventually. Kitchin roll or something absorbant to remove the liquid is what is called for with an anti bacterial agent afterwards. To prevent the dicintigration, well more kitchin roll! ;D.

Jess actually toilet trained within a very short time indeed, somewhere in the region of a month or two, so I've rarely had to use those sorts of skills sinse then.

As I'll be getting a guide dog this year though, and labradors are terrible for upset stomachs it's possible I will again.

As to groseness, well while I really dislike the unsophisticated, idiotic people who find toilet humour funny for no reason not to mention enspire all those stupid comedies that have nothing else to offer, I'm equally not a fan of those feeble individuals (of both genders), who will just sit there wringing their hands and saying "eue! it's disgusting" while getting absolutely nothing practical done and expecting someone else to clean it up.

Just another job that needs doing really.