2011-01-18 12:40:50

Hi,
A question about fan speed
How can I control my fan speed with it?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-01-18 17:54:44

If you mean in your computer, only some computers have an ability to do this. They have a dial on the front or something similar, though even if the computer has one it isn't always properly connected.

Be very careful though as slowing this down to make it quieter can cause problems with the computer overheating, and might eventually damage the processor or motherboard. If your computer is running fine as it is I'd leave it alone frankly. There is no reason to turn the fan up unless your computer is running too hot and having freezes or crashes regularly as a result.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-01-18 20:06:24

Well, I think you can get software to do this. I think one is called "speed fan", but I could be wrong. Anyway, I would let your computer control its own fan speed, because it should know when it is getting hot...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-01-18 22:11:28

That'll be the CPU fan, something I forgot about. Some motherboards support altering the fan speed on the CPU depending on temperature, others don't have the temperature sensor even.

Messing with the CPU fan is even more risky than the chassis fans.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.