2011-01-12 23:01:10

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question about computer configuration.
If anyone knows, is there any way to configure the bios without sighted help?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-01-13 00:15:21

Hello, Daniel,

I strongly believe that it depends what brand your PC is. My old HP computer has a Windows-based BIOS configuration utility, so no sighted assistance was needed. My current PC is lack of such software. I recommend that you to visit your PC manifacturer's web site, and look for a solution there. Please note that you may be prompted to enter your PC's exact model, so get it for your convenience. you might find your model of your PC by going to 'Computer' icon on your desktop, and pressing the ALT+ENTER shortcut.

Hope this helps.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-01-13 02:11:43

If you can't find such a utility, the bios still can be configured, but you will need sighted help. After all, it is the bios that tells the computer what drive to boot from and needs to be working right for you. Sorry that I can't be of help.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-01-13 03:51:13

ok thanks

2011-01-13 14:38:05

Even with those utilities in Windows, not all the settings are available. For example, If I were to use an HP  desktop, I wouldn't be able to turn on the hardware assisted virtualization. This is one of the single most disgraceful traits of a PC. They claim accessibility, but they're not. Even Windows itself isn't.