2011-01-08 09:52:36

Hi there,

I had an iPod for Christmas. I was trying to be excited about this until I came across iTunes and the screen reader navigation issue. I found out that, as I'm running Jaws version 10, I need iTunes version 8.1 from a particularly useful website. Having the most compatible version has helped but there's 1 thing which Jaws still won't navigate: the list of songs in a given source folder.

I hoped that somebody here, given how much more competent with computers you all seem to be than I am, could help me with some advice of how to overcome my problem so that I can finally enjoy my present.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and I'm sorry this isn't game related.

2011-01-08 14:42:58

I wish I could help but I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Is iTunes unable to navigate through the list of sounds in the folder or is Jaws unable to?  If Jaws is the problem, is it normally able to navigate through a list of songs (or files) in a folder?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-01-08 16:44:45

The problem is Jaws. When I tab on to the list it tells me I'm in the list view and the number of items that are in the list. I am unable to arrow through the list though. I've tried using alt with down arrow to open the list as though it were a drop down menu but this doesn't seem to work either.

2011-01-08 17:10:21

I do not use jaws anymore as I think it's crappy, but anyway
make sure you're in list view rather than grid view. Short of using another sr to access this such as NVDA I can't think of any other ideas

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>