2011-01-05 23:32:13

hey all!
well for a while now i've been looking for some braille, or blind friendly poker chips!
i've looked on rnib, and they dont seem to sell them!
this goes out especially to the UK members, as i dont really want to ship them over, but any suggestions on where i could get some are very welcome!
thanks,
rob

2011-01-06 00:47:30

I don't know of any personally, not to say that they don't exist, but might it be possible to cobble something together yourself?

Alternatively you might be able to use low value coins which you're already familiar with. Something like 1 pence is 1, 2 pence is ten, 5 pence is fifty and so on. I've no idea what values poker chips use though.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-01-06 03:30:00

when I used to play poker at school, that's what we did, play for money, but not much money, usually a penny anti per game.

It doesn't surprise me that the rnib doesn't sell them though, they are! generally useless.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-01-06 18:25:29

yeah, i might actually make notches (like holes) in regular ones, i've brought a set of regular ones anyway, we'll see what i can do!
thanks for the suggestion cx2