2006-01-26 10:27:25

If

anyone else says the damn game's a fake I'm going to scream!

Like I

said:
They post news and people complain when it changes, saying they'll

keep moving the release date for eternity
They don't post news and people

say the game doesn't exist
What the bloody hell are they supposed to do?

You make posts like that and then wonder why they haven't told us anything.

They're not likely to.
Have some courtesy. They're individuals. They

aren't big companies. They have *real* lives, unlike some people on here.

Their games do not constitute their living, and they certainly don't

constitute that person's entire life.

Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-01-26 13:53:15

They released a mouse targeting demo for Max a few weeks ago. Why can't they just release a small Monty demo? They could release a climbing demo, a fighting demo, a jumping demo and so on for example. Why don't they do that? That would be the easiest way to stop these complainers here!

2006-01-26 14:23:46

Robin24:
Considering that you've been chief whinger so far...

For very good reasons.
A) It would take quite a lot of work producing half a dozen different demos, whereupon you complainers will jno doubt object to having to download and install several different demos, and why they couldn't have just the one demo
B) Because the effort of releasing seperate demos will slow the development of the game down
C) Because fighting and the other elements don't occur in isolation. Areas will likeoly contain multiple types of activity, and the code for the different types of activity will be interwoven in certain ways. That's like asking Microsoft to release three demos of Word, one for saving, one for opening and one for spell check
D) Because they shouldn't have to prove anything.

I am now officially screaming at the top of my lungs here. It's lucky this is over the internet, because if this was face to face I'd be dancing on your tonsils right now. Like I keep saying you will be able to make useful comments only, and only *when* you learn about software development. It doesn't have to be games development, all software is the same.

Why the hell do we get this and the mainstream doesn't?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-01-26 14:33:15

Hey, this was a mistake I think. I just meant that they could release one of this demos that we, the gaming community, could get a little taste of the game!

2006-01-26 15:18:42

It would be very difficult to seperate the code for fighting, climbing and jumping. It is also possible that the code for the three may have issues interfering with each other. You can't take any one of the three independently, which is what I said before.

As I said, either learn about software development and the issues involved or keep quiet.

cx2
-----

2006-01-26 16:11:37

oh my god, we have about 50 posts here and almost all of them are the same thing. "why are they so late? what if  they're stealing our money?" what if you are wrong... have you put even 1% for this situation? of course not. and maybe you've forgot that they have real life and don't have to work on the game 24 hours a day... just wait, at least for 1 month more, if no game came out and no sign, then, make that company explode, but don't do this, because if the game comes out, you won't feel so good because you said they're stealing your money, they won't feel good also, because you answered them in this way. enough of being a grandfather... now i'll be silenced. hehe big_smile

2006-01-26 18:03:04

parham = Member:
We've been having this problem here for a while now. Unfortunately I fear that they won't feel bad about it if the game does come out, or even if a game is cancelled. These sort are the people who can't accept the possibility that they might be wrong, or that they don't have sufficient knowledge to understand the situation.

Knowing your limits is more important than what you do or don't know most of the time. It's knowing how to use knowledge.

cx2
-----

2006-01-26 18:25:44

waw great words you have over there, the best explonation i could ever hear. well now i understand the situation. if it's like this, i won't open this fred/topic anymore because it gets on my nerves actually. :'(

2006-01-26 19:10:46

Good thinking. I'll do the same. I was attempting to protect the sanity of the place, and show people they should respect developers as individuals rather than treat them as faceless companies but obviously it's like banging my head against a brick wall.

I'll surrender this thread to the fools, but there's only so far I'll put up with these people before I either snap one way or the other.

cx2
-----

2006-01-26 19:39:51

OK, now I know what I'm going to do: I'll give Alchemy a week to release the game and if they still didn't release it during this time, I'll send an E-Mail to paypal and tell them that I ordered a product and never got it. I never pre-ordered a game in the past and I'd never pre-order a game. The fact that I can read "the game is shipping" on the website although it's not true would be a reason to say "I want my money back!".

2006-01-26 20:21:20

robin24 wrote:

OK, now I know what I'm going to do: I'll give Alchemy a week to release the game and if they still didn't release it during this time, I'll send an E-Mail to paypal and tell them that I ordered a product and never got it. I never pre-ordered a game in the past and I'd never pre-order a game. The fact that I can read "the game is shipping" on the website although it's not true would be a reason to say "I want my money back!".

so you can have your money back in no time and are worried about your money? since i'm in iran i can't work with these kind of payments and thus, i don't buy any games. so i didn't know that you can have your money back very soon. well then, your fault is more, none the less. because there's no worries and you'll get it back. so will it be so bad to wait for a month or two? do you need that 34 dollars just tomorrow? sertainly not!  so wait for a while and get your money back if there's no game, but respect the persons who're writing games. this sentence is being said for the thousandth time. respect, the, people, who, are, working, for, you, to, help, you, pass, the, time! how should we shout it! how should we!

2006-01-26 20:30:55

I don't know if PayPal has a special time period where I can get back my money and after that I can't get it anymore, so I'll just give them a week! I'm also not from America, I'm from Germany.
Regards,
Robin24.

2006-01-26 20:48:34

robin 24:

listen kid, all those inside conflicts and dilemas about paypal and wanting your mony back, onnestly why the hell do you have to do it here, can't you talk with your mummy about those things?, why should we care if you want to give alchemy a weekk,a munth,a year,we dont care a single bit, so just eather talk to your self, or write your thots and conflicts in notepad and read them over and over all day *just keep us out of your problems*, and when you have something interesting to say, go on and post

2006-01-26 21:10:33

Damnit, time to comment on that stuff,

1. To the complainers: You are right in stating that you are being lied to, because on their site it says Monty is shipping, but it isn't. However, it won't change anything to repeat and repeat and repeat and re... well you get the point.
2. To the grandfathers and insulters: Stop it, too, will you? Addressing people with lines like "listen kid" and "talk to your mummy about it" is very arrogant and condescending.

I don't understand why there must be all that name-calling. There are different opinions here! It's just life!

Greetings,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-01-26 21:56:07

Lighttech Interactive wrote:

listen kid, all those inside conflicts and dilemas about paypal and wanting your mony back, onnestly why the hell do you have to do it here, can't you talk with your mummy about those things?, why should we care if you want to give alchemy a weekk,a munth,a year,we dont care a single bit, so just eather talk to your self, or write your thots and conflicts in notepad and read them over and over all day *just keep us out of your problems*, and when you have something interesting to say, go on and post

That's definitely to much! Comments like "talk to your mummy" are discriminatory. I think you shouldn't talk like this, better shut up! If you have to talk to your mummy about everything, do not think that other people also have to do that! No shut the computer down, I think it's time for you to go to bed!

2006-01-26 21:57:07

lol
1) have you ever noticed that you were a grandfather yourself?
2) you said it's not good to repeat and repeat and repeat, but you just repeated what we said.
3) when someone doesn't listen to what you say, when you repeat it over for thousands of times, which word is good for him/her? kid? human? something? what? i didn't post the last message (which your words were directed to), but he was right anyway. tell him and me and, say, us, a name so we can call them by that name, sir.

2006-01-26 22:25:24

parham, you are right.
I wanted to post a message about that.
Ok, listen robin.
I can understand that you are worying about your money.
But:
1. If you write it here, we cant do anything about it (however, i can understand you are angry about it)
2. You shouldnt order games (preorder i mean).
3. Patience is our best friend, because if the game will come out then you will say that i missed a game.
I can tell you, that no audiogame developer want to steal your money, because there are other ways which they can do it. (But they wont)
Why do they have to work like hell with a great audio game, if there are better ways to steal your money (i think you heard about those things, when somebody have an ill person, and he/she needs money to his/her operation, and send him money)?
I think this post has duplicated messages, because everyone answers to you, and you are just wondering that a person comes, and just says: shut up.
Ok, it is maybe rude, but what do you expect after thousands of anoying messages?
And i think cx2 warned you about that as well.
I think you should be happy that just one person wrote that message.

Sorry for the long post,
regards,

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-01-27 01:54:19

OK, time t chime in...

I think there have been alot of good points made here.

True that things can come up in the middle of developing games.  But, I can understand why people are mad about it.  How many times has it said in some form or another that the game will be available by a certain date?  I think there's been 3 or 4 times when I've thought the game would come out, only to find that it had been delayed again.  To be fair, though, it seems like from posts I've read that sometimes James has explained on email lists why it is taking a bit longer.

I think another reason people are upset is that they're wanting a new game to play.  The same thing happens in the mainstream gaming world, too.  you know there's not a "quality" new game on the way when on alot of the current game system boards on GameFAQs, you see topics like "what color is your gba?" "What game should I get?" "What game is in your PS2/Xbox/GameCube/GBA right now?" and my personal favorite "why Nintendo/Sony/MS will win next gen." or something to that affect.  LOL Good ol gameFAQs.

The difference is, that with audio games there are so few games to choose from, and alot of them to me at least, seem extremely similar.  I.E. Alien Outback/Troopanum 2/Dark Destroyer.  They're all Space Invaders clones.  Every once in awhile I'll try and beat my score on AO, but that can get boring real fast sometimes.

If it could work, it would be cool to have all demos only be limited by time.  Then it'd be just like renting a game for a mainstream game system.  I don't think that is realistic for PC games, though, because you would only be able to play the game once until the time limit ran out.  LOL I actually tried to download Troopanum 2 more than once.  IMO that is a good example of a shooting game done right.  Good ol BSCGames.

2006-01-27 07:28:56

sometimes James has explained on email lists why it is
taking a bit longer.

ok, there it is, he explained it.
I think another reason people are upset is that they're wanting a new game to play.  The same thing happens in the mainstream gaming world, too, you know.

but this doesn't give us any permition to gossip about game developers, does it?
and in main stream gaming world, say, there are about 40/50/higher people working on a game, but most of our developers are 1/2/3 etc. i believe it wouldn't be even 20 people programming an audio game. aren't i right?

2006-01-27 08:30:17

parham, i agree 100%. this is just getting ridiculous. my speech synthesizer is probably somewhat slower then most of the speech synths I've heard game reviews where the synthesizer was just not understandable but I'm going totally off topic. My synth is slower, and you don't have to say that i should put it faster,  and this makes me go longer on the forum to read stuff, i hate to waste 20 minutes only to read complains and everything. so, stop! wasting! your! own! and even someone else's! time!
of course you could try to get your money back, but if the game comes out yes you will say you miss a game. that's all for now.
happy flaming, lol. not happy at all, i hate it. was just kidding.

2006-01-27 10:38:38

Hi,
Do you know that the Monti demo is no finally out. I haven't downloaded it yet, because you need username and password to download it from the developers website.
Bye,
Lord_Raven

2006-01-27 10:46:03

I must correct something: As I tried first, a dialog box opened that asked for username and password. I tried again and it didn't work, because we have a size limit for downloadable files at this computer system. I will try later (after school)
Bye,
Lord_Raven

2006-01-27 14:45:03

Well I just downloaded it and tried it and found it to be quite enjoyable. What I can't figure out, and I'd be eternally grateful if someone pointed out the error of my ways, is how to jump from rope to rope. When clinging to a rope, the jump/leap key (num pad zero) has no effect. Might be a bug, but it would make the demo unplayable and thus would have been discovered during betatesting.

A clue, anyone?

Did anyone get the function keys (music on/off, louder/softer, change perspective) to work? Or the asterisc (inventory toggle)?

Greetings,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-01-27 15:23:09

Wow! I can't believe its out! I'm downloading it right now! Yes!!!!!!!!! Well, does that mean the full version is availlable?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-01-27 15:24:26

hey all. well, the demo si good but full of bus why didn't the testers sort these obvious glitches
at the tope of one rope i get stuck? cant move?
and when i press escape it crashes so to be honest it is 31 megs of game, i cnat even get far in, smerk.

i do love the concept though i jsut wihs it was even half playable
when youc limb up a rope my understanding is you jump to another one or onto a surface. it will be a hard game, if it works propperly
will