2010-11-19 22:31:32

Hi!
I have been doing a school project with a team of four other people. Now, when it's at the brink of deadline, I realize that Ariana, the one who, unfortunately, takes care of the main parts of the project, has been doing everything in a filetype called Avi. i am going to do the audio-part and can't use the avi-file, because it's about three gigabytes. i don't need the graphics, since I've only been making the audio and have no need for the video part. i don't have anywhere to store that huge file. I would like to convert the Avi-file to MP3. can this be done?

I live to crochet!

2010-11-19 22:46:42

use sound forge. open your avi file, click save as..., then select mp3. click save and your process is done!
Thanks!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-11-20 12:19:25

You could also use goldWave, or nch software's switch. It's worth saying though that from what I recall goldwave can open avi files so you *may* possibly be able to work on the audio directly, as then there is no way to convert from mp3 to avi, as mp3 doesn't have any graphics.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2010-11-20 17:52:21

what you could do is extract the audio from it!

2010-11-21 08:48:46

Thankws Burak and Petermach. This really worked. I opened it in goldwave and clicked save as and it worked! And the best is that I got an A+! I have heard of Video to audio converters, but I haven't found any accessible ones.

I live to crochet!

2010-11-21 10:51:03

you are welcome

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-01-14 15:29:58

you guys are awesome. I'd been looking everywhere for an accessible converter. Thanks a bunch.