2010-11-26 18:17:21

have to agree. mse is s**t.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-27 10:29:26

i will do a avira interface review
so you can see

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2010-11-27 13:19:11

so do it and send.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-27 15:18:43

hi
this is one
i didn't show the setting
i did a update and showed the interface
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8746151/avira%20tutorial.mp3

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2010-11-27 16:09:44

hi,
thanks, I will download it.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-11-27 16:17:55

Hi,
I have a question:
Is avira doing updates automaticly?
thanks

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-11-27 16:25:08

hi burak,
avira does update automaticly
i just did that to show how the updater works for manual updates

2010-11-27 18:08:33

i like. it was version 9, or 10? is it slowing you down? the pc i mean. as i see its quite accessible. can you send me this avira version what you use? i dont have nothing installed now. eh.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-28 01:55:58

Avg is the same as regards updates, and as I said buclee I do believe you can pay by european bank transfer, just check there site.

but if avera works, fair enough, ---- anything but microsoft ;d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-28 09:35:56

hi,
this version doesn't block autorun
it doesn't slow me down a bit
let me check how much memory it is using...
at the moment it is using 12 mb of ram
download from here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8746151/avira_a … nal_en.exe

2010-11-28 13:46:44

i checked the avg ordering they can take money from my bank account. i tried the 2011 version and its well quite strange for me. still slow, or something similar. I tried their tune-up program, which is brilliant. it found so many errors and fixed them (happy). so i think avg will have a big career yet. smile

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-29 10:37:42

Hi buclee.

Avg pc tune up's full name is avg pc tune up 2011, which has nothing to do with the antivirus, the antivirus is just called avg 9 (I know these are the latest versions of both programs because both have an auto update).

The interface is fairly streight forward, or at least it was wih hal, and the program I found to be very user friendly accept for the blue screen thing I mentined with thedisk doctor (I'd advise against running that).

I do however recommend running some of the utilities that come as part of tune up, such as the disk cleaner and internet optimiser, sinse while tune up fixes registry errors and defrags disks by default, it can do other useful stuff too, for instance the system adviser will be able to optimize some of your windows settings and stop your computer using so many resources, which will speed things up.

You can also run the start up manager to disable some of ththings your computer does at start up. I for intance was able to fix that error window which came up as a result of the virus that Avg antivirus deleted when I first got it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-29 17:23:04

well i applied the utilities, and its great. totally satisfied.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-29 17:59:55

I shuddered when I read about the AVG tune up's optimizer ROFL!  From a computer repair perspective it is a horrible program that followed in the footsteps of the nightmarish Norton system optimizer.  tongue  I have repaired a few computers that AVG broke during "optimization".

I'm not telling you guys to avoid AVG, I want to lol, but I won't.  But a lot of programs that offer "optimizers" follow a cookie-cutter mold instead of truly examining how your computer is configured.  If your computer doesn't fit into one of their molds it will make it fit.  You end up with a square peg forced through a round hole and the end result can do far more harm than good.  Odds are you will be fine, but from experience I can tell you AVG and Norton have broken computers during their optimization process.  Just sharing. smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2010-11-29 18:41:11

I can't speak from too much knolidge or experience, but one thing I ave noticed in Avg pc tune up is all the processes are voluntary, ----- in fact it doesn't even do an occasional scan and registry fix by default unless you specifically set it to

The various optimization tools are generally a choice to use or nt, for instance though I used the startup manager to stop the annoying virus process and windows messanger, I haven't done anything about other processes, and with the system adviser there was a choice to do or not do, and some I didn't, for instance I've learnt from innumerable crashes to stay awa from windows user accounts, sinse about %90 of the computer problems I've ever had have been caused by user account issues. So, I stayed clear of the accounts with the optimizer.

Maybe Avg learnt from past mistakes and so offered a program with more choice and less automation?

While I certainly take your point Aprone that following everything a program advises like a robot will run into trouble, I do have to admit that the program has actually hugely improved my pc's performance, ----- mostly I think because it's done things which I don't have the skills to do myself, like disk defragging and registry fixing.

Hopefully, sinse other than the disk doctor unreadable blue screen I haven't had any problems, it won't cause my computer to explode.

Besides, Avg's uk office is actually located in the same town my parents' live in, and though I couldn't find their phone number I did get their address, so I know where to go and wollop them if things do explode ;d.

2010-11-29 18:56:33

Lol, I don't think they'd want someone banging on their office door!  big_smile

I'm glad to hear they don't automate as much as they did before.  It has been a while since I've had to repair any computers that AVG broke so you might be right.  Hopefully they've learned.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2010-11-29 19:16:53

hi bucklea12
what do you think of avira link
and as for pc tuning
i use iobit advanced system care 3.7.2 it does everything automaticly and no problems yet
not vary accessible but since it is automatic no problems

2010-11-30 11:34:51

Personally, I like the fact that avg gives me the choice to do stuff. For instance, while I know auto run is a security risk, if I want to wrip a cd I find it far easier to use the windows autorun dialogue than try and tangle with Windows media player's progressively sillier interface to do it(I know there are better and ore accessible cd wrippers, but I do appreciate the auto track naming in media player, and thankfully the options menue to set things like kbps for the wrip and where it's put is less silly).

I also use my pc as a dvd player. For both these reasons I prefer to keep auto run running, and wouldn't want an automated program shutting it down.

Also, I admit I wouldn't be keen on a program doing automatic things if it was completely inaccessible, sinse I'd prefer to know at least in a general sense what was happening (even with windows media player, while the interface is silly, it's stil accessible).

Stil, if this program works for you enes fair enough.

2010-11-30 17:24:56

for tune-up i use with big success for lot of years tune up utilities now with version 2010, and its very accessible, and have much utilities too.
as for enes, yes avira is good, accessible, so i hope, the new v 11.0 will be again good not as this 10 thing.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-30 18:30:57

hi dark,
i know what the program does
remove spyware registery sweep clean junk that sort of thing