2010-08-17 23:55:53

Hi,
I would like to start recording game audio however my Realtech Stereo Mix has been disabled by Windows XP. I have heard that VAC is a work around    for this issue. I have the program however I am completely clueless as to how to get Wavepad to record my game audio with VAC. How would I go about doing this?
Thanks.

2010-08-18 01:46:08

1. go into your sounds control panel, and change your default playback device to line 1, virtual audio cable.
2. Change your screen reader's output device back to your normal speakers/headphones so youcan hear it.
3. In wave pad, choose the file menu and select settings.
4. In te settings dialog box, find the recording device, and set this to line 1, virtual audio cable.
5. start the game.
6. record!
in fact audacity is better for this, as it plays back the recording as you are doing it, if you have the correct option checked. Wavepad doesn't do this.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-08-21 23:25:26

This probably sounds like a stupid question, but surely if you've already told Windows to use VAC as the default device, why do you have to set that up in Audacity as well?