2010-07-18 06:33:14

hello everyone,
first of all if anyone doesn't know, I am a kid which is why I ask this
the other day, a couple of my friends were speaking what seemed like another of those languages that kids like to use
when I asked, my friend said it was called jiberish, or double duch
I'm just curious, can someone tell me what it is and how I can learn it?
it founds fun

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-07-18 14:02:33

jibberish is basically just nonsense, it's not a language it's just wierd sounding. heh i could be wrong, but

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2010-07-18 14:21:59

I think you add an adaga to any consanant in the word or something. My sisters use it. They're 18 and 19, and they still use it on occasion.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-07-18 14:33:57

wow was i wrong:)

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2010-07-18 20:29:28

lol
could you ask them for me please keyIsFull?

2010-07-18 20:52:49

There may indeed be one or more ways of speaking invented by kids named after the expressions "gibberish" and "double dutch", both of which in Britain do indeed mean nonsense. Be aware what your local kids call gibberish may not be the same as kids in another area. Also bear in mind 18 or 19 year olds may speak an older style called by the same name, the name is fairly generic so its fairly plausible more than one "language" has been called that. It's worth a try though but just be careful.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-18 23:18:45

ah okay
out of curiosity CX2 do you actually know how it works?

2010-07-18 23:55:58

I expect as Cx2 said this is really just a local thing betwene kids in your school which they've named gibberish or double dutch after the expressions for talking nonsense.

Either that, or they were just talking nonsense and told you as much ;D.

It's not really that formal though. Once at my school kids talked in what they referd to as a bo accent, this meant pronouncing every vowl as an o, for example:

ho lo, mo nome os dooark.

Did it mean anything? hock no!;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)