2010-05-20 06:56:33

Hello,
AS discussed in that subject http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 43&p=3 I propose to add a grading system. The members could grade the games in different categories. Such a system can help visitors in looking for what game they could try and what games the AG community found interesting.

4 different criterias are suggested :
1 - Ease of use : is the game easy to play ? are the commands simple ? Is in-game navigation a pain ? Is it difficult to get started in the game's controls or plot ?
2 - Gameplay : are there many possibilities in the game ? Can the game be played many times or for hours or you are rapidely getting bored ? Is the game mechanic/rules complex or simple ?
3 - Atmosphere/ambiance : is the text or the audio good ? Are the plot and the background interesting ?
4 - Community / social considerations : is the community active and sympathic ? for multiplayer games, are there people often connected ? Is there help for newbies ? etc.

However, please don't add a global grade based on the average of the 4 criterias above. People will only see one classement, THE classement,  which is not representative, because everybody is not looking for the same things. The goal is to help people finding the game  best fitting their needs, not the best game ever.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2010-05-20 08:54:17

I must confess I like this idea very much and would love to see it implemented, sinse it would expand the use of the database system, allow member in put, and also serve as something which could be taken back to game developers for improvement.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-05-25 21:56:30

My idea don't seem to be interesting for many people. I'm hasking myself if I shouldn't contact the staff directly. OR perhaps wait a couple of days more ?

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2010-05-26 14:30:33

Game popularity could be an issue. Some games people don't even play, and some like cloning malice 2 are gone (it was replace by 3d velocity). THe more ratings of the game the more feedback it has. I also think that maybe favorites would be good for this too maybe.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!