2010-03-21 22:21:14

hi.  ok, so i was on gamefaqs earlier, and i came across  the saves link, and i'm just curious as to how one would get the save file to work? i'm not asking because i want to complete a game without trying, its mainly because i'm currently playing mortal kombat deception, and obviously as i'm blind have no way of ever completing conquest mode, but i'm owning the game on arcade and such, so want to get the characters.  that is unless there is some wear a site with a walkthrough (pun intended) of games anywear, because i am always one to try and try again, but i don't see how i can complete this mode and i have tried many times, with a little luck and success a few times.  thanks guys. any help would be much appreciated i think for many of us.

2010-03-21 22:22:59

oh and i wasn't sure whether to post this under games or not, as its not to do with audiogames in general. sorry if it is in the wrong place.

2010-03-22 01:29:20

I think you'll probably get a better response in the main game discussion room. Moving.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-03-22 06:02:52

audio playings of graffical games count as games too.

I believe the ps2 and xbox can download game saves onto memory cards or similar, but I'm not sure on the process. A walkthru of conquest mode does exist, ---- look at the ones by mzilinski, ---- actually all his mk and soul calibur stuff is pretty amazing sinse he even describes the game menues and loading screens).

I must admit though this is why I personally stopped collecting mk game at deadly alliance, sinse having a game I could only play partially and miss out on all the story mode would just get on my whick, ---- ditto for the soul calibur series at soul calibur 2.

I must confess I've considdered getting a ps3 for street fighter four and possibly some of the later soul calibure games if I could find a good enough faq (sadly mike Zilnski hasn't written any more faqs sinse he got a job), but am put off by the fact it won't play ps 1 games.

I'm also very tempted to by a wii, ---- though I must admit that is mostly because there are many 2D wii ware games like mega man 9 which my limited eyeball capacity could possibly cope with, ---- where as I'm acquivolant to totally blind when it comes to full 3D, ---- but before this gets into a discussion of low vision games I'll stop.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-03-22 20:54:47

very true. i've never played soul calibre, is it worth trying? and the annoying thing about being blind is: I cant play god of war! for some reason that makes me really really mad. :d

2010-03-22 21:38:02

Well, in fairness I can't play god of war either, and with increasing textual capacity and graffical complexity, I really don't play mainstream games too much anymore besides replaying the old ones.

fortunately though, audio games are getting far more complex, ---- look at the newly released toc.

I'm not really the person to answer your questionn but yes, soul calibur is as playable as mk, ----actually more so, sinse characters have individual voices. The story mode in sc 2 for the gamecube xbox or ps2 was entirely textual, but things then changed in Sc3 irritatingly, and I'm not certain about 4.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-03-24 00:33:29

hey guys,
for anyone if they wanna use saves, I have a walkthrough somewhere
I'll dig it up if anyone wants
but be warned if your fully blind, you need help

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-03-24 09:37:36

Hi.

Regarding your question on how to get save files to work, I think you'll need a card reader which works with ps2 memory cards so you can hook it up to your computer and transfer the game save file this way. I haven't tried it, but I've read that's how people do it.

Soul Calibur is very playable. I have Soul Calibur 4 for ps3, and the story mode is fully playable.
Let me know if you need any ps2, ps3 or psp titles which are playable.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-03-24 10:38:01

How about sc3? I thought the story mode was a sort of sim battle type game requiring lots of text and map overview.

2010-03-24 16:15:18

well, any ideas on playable ps2/3 games would be great.  i looked on brandoncole.net, but the onimusha and such don't sound brilliant, however i'll give them all another look. i just completed sd06 for about the 10th time yesterday. shame theres no way to create a character on any of those without constant help though.

2010-03-25 10:28:13

I have never played Sc3, so I can't tell much about it.

The greatest accessible ps2 game I have is Urban Reign. It's me who have put the very long gameplay up on Brandons website. This game is awesome. Then we have all the Mortal kombat games. Mk: Dc universe for ps3 is really great. The storyline is totally accessible. Then I'm a huge fan of rock band, so if you like rock, I highly recommend these games as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-03-26 00:10:52

urban rain. i forgot about that. i'll check it out. and, i love how all the sighted people i know said i'd never be able to play rock band, but when i tell them that blind people do, they go all silent and look amazed. :d